Jennifer has over 18 years of experience in real estate and corporate law.
Jennifer advises clients on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, construction, development and leasing of retail, office, industrial and agricultural property. She also assists pipeline companies, wind developers, solar developers, wireless service providers, and telecom clients with title review and corrective work, leasing and easement agreements to obtain project site control.
Jennifer assists developers in drafting and enforcing land use agreements, including covenants, use restrictions and easements for residential and commercial properties as well as with platting and obtaining necessary approvals for real estate developments. She advises entities with regard to title matters in Midwest states, including Iowa, Illinois and Nebraska, and has experience with both abstracts and title insurance. Jennifer also serves as local counsel and provides local counsel opinions for entities operating or owning property in Iowa.
In addition to her real estate experience, Jennifer advises corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships regarding organization, general operation, contract negotiation and dissolution matters. She facilitates mergers, asset sales and stock sales between various entities.
- Represented pipeline company with negotiation and acquisition of property interests on over 500 properties; assistance with analysis and advice on novel questions of regulatory and condemnation process for largest, most visible liquids pipeline project in Iowa in 30 years
- Represented telecommunication company with leasing of over 90 properties in Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota
- As part of service team for large electric transmission company, research, draft, review and advise on easements, lease agreements, property and condemnation related filings, and regulatory compliance issues
- Research and provide analysis and advice to novel underground transmission project on unique legal questions of first impression
- Represented entity in health care industry regarding the operation, acquisition and sale of businesses in nine states
- Represented major wireless carrier in title clearing issues for infrastructure on over 100 properties
- Represented national and Iowa banks regarding loan documentation and real estate aspects and acquisitions
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Iowa, B.S., 1999
- Illinois, 2014
- Iowa, 2002
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Business Law and Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Sections, American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Rock Island County Bar Association
- Scott County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Committee of the Scott County and Rock Island County Bar Association
- Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Community involvement includes serving as an active committee member for Seton Catholic School Fall Fundraiser, Graduation, Theater and Development Committees; Committee Co-Lead, Seton Catholic School Annual Fundraising Event; Committee Member, Rush Soccer Club Tournament
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, Documenting the M&A Deal, Fredrikson & Byron’s Bank and Finance Seminar: Key Developments that Every Banker Should Know, August 20, 2014