As companies seek business minded attorneys that can help them achieve their goals, Kiel is such an attorney.
Kiel primarily assists his clients with strategic matters involving mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, and complex intellectual property transactions. With his focus on his clients’ goals, he also works with his companies to address their needs on corporate governance matters as well as other general corporate and business needs.
His clients range from emerging companies to established corporations and private equity firms. With experience working with both public and private companies, he prides himself on building relationships with his clients through understanding their critical needs and long-term business roadmap.
An active member in the Minneapolis community, Kiel passionately supports non-profit and charitable causes and also serves as a board member for Special Olympics Minnesota.
- Represented leading national middle market private equity fund in numerous add-on acquisitions.
- Represented private equity fund in platform acquisition of business-to-business integrated marketing agency.
- Represented private equity fund in platform and numerous add-on acquisitions in the traffic control industry.
- Represented private equity fund in platform and add-on acquisition in the LED lighting industry.
- Represented publicly traded human resources software and services company in acquisitions.
- Represented publicly traded business-to-business IT services company in complex intellectual property and licensing transactions.
- Represented private equity-backed adult day services business in numerous add-on acquisitions.
- Represented sale of privately held software company to private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented sale of privately held occupational therapy company to private-equity backed buyer.
- Assisted NeuWave Medical, Inc. in its sale to Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
- Assisted local distribution company in $158 million sale transaction.
- Assisted emerging companies with private placement of equity securities.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., 2010
- Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2014
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, 2023-2024
Civic & Professional
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Special Olympics Minnesota, Board Member
- St. Paul Area Chamber, Board Member