Meaghan represents private equity funds, privately held companies and public companies across a variety of industries in strategic matters including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations and other general corporate and commercial transactions.
She advises on all aspects of a deal, including drafting and negotiating letters of intent, managing due diligence, drafting and negotiating acquisition documents and resolving post-closing matters. She also counsels businesses on legal issues encountered throughout their life cycles, including corporate structure and entity formation, corporate governance, contract negotiation and other general business matters.
Meaghan is dedicated to pro bono representation and work in the community. She has worked on human rights matters, represented clients seeking asylum and assisted nonprofit organizations with various legal issues.
- Represented a multi-state HVAC and service contractor in connection with its acquisition of a residential heating and air conditioning company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a fiber reinforced polymer manufacturer.
- Represented a packaging machinery company in its acquisition of an automated cartooning machine company.
- Represented a technology company in connection with its acquisition of a publishing consultancy and editorial service provider.
- Represented a Canadian based locomotive software and engineering company in the sale of its industrial IoT division.
- Represented a provider of enrollment management software in its equity sale.
- Represented an IT solutions provider in its equity sale.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in its equity sale.
- Represented a lumber company in its asset sale.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., 2019, magna cum laude
- University of St. Thomas, B.A., 2014
- Minnesota, 2019
- Judicial Externship, Honorable Michelle A. Larkin, Minnesota Court of Appeals, 2019
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2020, 2022
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Mitchell Hamline Law Review, Assistant Editor, 2018-2019; Staff Member, 2017-2018