Laura guides business owners in strategic planning initiatives to meet their long-term objectives.
Laura supports clients as an associate in Fredrikson’s Business & Tax Planning Group. She concentrates her practice on employee benefits working with employers regarding the design, ongoing administration, correction and termination of pension, 401(k), profit-sharing, and health and welfare benefit plans. Laura also advises clients on non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements (including Section 409A issues) and provides counsel on benefits and compensation issues relating to business transactions.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Laura served as an extern for Judge Jon E. DeGuilio in the Northern District of Indiana District Court. Laura is licensed to practice in Kentucky, her Minnesota license is pending.
Business & Tax Planning
- Establishment, maintenance and compliance of plan documents, including drafting ERISA plan documents, summary plan descriptions and IRS voluntary correction and determination letter filings.
- Crafting of phantom stock and deferred compensation arrangements.
- Conducting benefits related due diligence and advising regarding benefits transition issues arising from business transactions.
- Assisting clients with health and welfare issues, including establishing cafeteria plans under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2017, magna cum laude
- Concordia College, B.A., 2014, magna cum laude
- Kentucky, 2017
- Minnesota, pending
- Extern, Judge Jon E. DeGuilio, Northern District of Indiana District Court
Civic & Professional
- Louisville Employee Benefits Council, Programming Committee Member, 2019-2021
- Family & Children’s Place, Ambassador, 2020-2021
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, Benefits Update: Construct Your Plans with Confidence, Fredrikson & Byron's Annual Employment & Labor Law Seminar, On-Demand Webinar, October 2021