Lauren is a Spanish-speaking paralegal who provides immigration assistance to a variety of clients, from individuals and families to companies of all sizes with foreign employees.
Lauren has worked in the immigration law field since 2007 and is committed to helping people realize their professional and life plans. Knowing that immigration is a very personal process, she takes great care in working closely with the attorney, foreign national, employer and any other party involved to strive toward a successful outcome.
On the employment-based side of immigration, Lauren assists employers with temporary workers in the H‑A agricultural and H‑2B non-agricultural visa categories. She facilitates consular processing abroad for individuals and outbound immigration for U.S. citizens entering other countries through global migration.
On the family-based and individual side of immigration, Lauren has experience with Naturalization (U.S. Citizenship), Permanent Residence (Green Card), Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and U Visas for victims of criminal activity. She also prepares applications for family members of foreign national employees.
- H‑2A, Temporary Agricultural Workers
- H‑2B, Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
- Consular Processing at U.S. Consulates Abroad
- Global Mobility for U.S. Citizens Traveling Abroad
Family-Based / Individual Immigration
- Lawful Permanent Residence
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- U Visas for Victims of Criminal Activity
- Dependent Status Applications
- Employment and Travel Authorization Documents
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2006
- Universidad de Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2004
Civic & Professional
- Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL), Administrator, 2007-present
- Tiyumba Foundation, Minneapolis, MN & Tamale, Ghana, Board Member, 2021-present
- Tiyumba African Drum & Dance Company, Minneapolis, MN, Company Member, 2008-present
- Fundación Comisión Católica Argentina De Migraciones, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Volunteer, 2010-2011
- The Advocates for Human Rights, Minneapolis, MN, Volunteer, 2009
- Hmong American Partnership, St. Paul, MN, Volunteer, 2006
- Women’s Advocates, Minneapolis, MN, Volunteer, 2004-2006
- Casa De Esperanza, Minneapolis, MN, Volunteer, 2004-2005
- Acción Iuve, Madrid, Spain, Volunteer, 2004