Marcus leads clients through merger and acquisition transactions and advises on general business matters.
Marcus provides effective and efficient services to his clients at every stage of their business from start-up to succession planning, sale of their business or acquisitions. His transaction experience includes the sale of a public company, cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital financing transactions. Marcus works with companies of all sizes, serving them by drafting their purchase agreements, ancillary documents, disclosure schedules and shareholder/operating agreements.
Prior to practicing law, Marcus served as a tax consultant at Deloitte where he served several large and middle-market businesses and assisted with the planning, research, modeling and analysis of the federal income tax consequences of transactions and entity re-organizations.
- Represented a uniform rental and facility services company in a $2.2 billion strategic merger.
- Represented a Minnesota brewery and producer of energy drinks and flavored water in its $100 million sale to a private equity company.
- Represented a Norwegian listed company in its purchase of a hydrogen generation manufacturer, creating the world’s largest hydrogen electrolyser company.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition and roll-up of nine ethanol plants throughout the Midwest.
- Represented a corporate advisor and aviation consulting firm in its $170 million sale to a global professional services company.
- Represented a comprehensive software-as-a-service agriculture management company, in a sale of part of its equity to a venture capital arm of an international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients.
- Represented a leading publisher of children's books and digital reading products and services in its sale to a leading technology investment firm.
- Represented venture capital investors in strategic investments in start-up companies in industries such as juice and energy drink manufacturing, bicycle helmet design and wearable swimming technology.
- Represented a family-owned auto parts distributor and store group in its $20 million sale to a competitor.
- Represented a developer and manufacturer of animal vaccines in its $20 million merger with a Chinese owned company.
- Represented a Minnesota technology company that makes advertising for mobile games and apps in its sale to a Chinese mobile ad platform.
- Represented a construction equipment rental company in the sale of its stock to a newly formed ESOP.
- Represented an office supply and technology support company in its acquisition and roll-up of five companies in the technology and managed services industry.
- Represented numerous companies in the drafting and review of key documents such as non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, supply and distributing agreements, independent contractor agreements and service contracts.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of North Dakota, M.B.A., 2010, magna cum laude
- University of North Dakota, B.B.A., 2008, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2013
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Cretin-Derham Hall Alumni Association
- Nativity Men’s Club
- ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law, Managing Editor, 2009-2010