Michelle represents clients with mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
She is a transactional attorney whose expertise ranges from managing due diligence on buy and sell-side asset and equity transactions, through preparing transaction documents, to business formation and advising businesses on corporate governance matters and preparing corporate governance documents.
She also has significant experience advising multi-state businesses on employment policies and wage and hour laws, drafting employee handbooks and advising businesses on the latest requirements and guidance related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a distributor of paper products, janitorial equipment, and cleaning supplies in its equity sale.
- Represented a propane distribution company in its asset sale.
- Represented a medical device manufacturing company in its sale of a controlling stake in its business to a private equity firm.
- Partnered with a local brewery to create a nonprofit fund used to support hospitality workers and their families in response to closures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advised small business owners in response to closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2019
- University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business, M.B.A., 2019
- University of Wisconsin – River Falls, B.A., 2011
- Minnesota, 2020
- President’s Scholarship, University of St. Thomas School of Law
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2020-present
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member, 2016-present
- LegalCORPS, Volunteer, 2018-present
- Move Minnesota, Board of Directors
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Preet Bharara Speaks at St. Thomas Law—Why Integrity and Ethics Matter in the 21st Century, Newsroom, University of St. Thomas, November 10, 2017