Nancy is responsible for recruiting and hiring attorneys and staff who together create diverse and inclusive teams focused on providing the highest quality work and service to the firm and its clients. She is also responsible for the firm’s Inclusion and Diversity policies and initiatives.
Working with firm leadership, Nancy strategically determines and fulfills the firm’s hiring needs. She oversees onboarding and integration, ensuring all new attorneys and employees have access to the necessary resources to help them succeed. She also oversees the summer associate program.
Nancy works with the Inclusion & Diversity Committee, firm leadership, and attorneys and employees in strategically promoting inclusion and diversity policies, programs, education and practices.
Nancy brings over 20 years of combined experience as a lawyer and legal professional. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Nancy served as the Chief of Staff and Assistant Dean of Career Services at Hamline University School of Law.
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 1994
- Minnesota, 1998
Civic & Professional
- NALP—The Association for Legal Career Professionals, Member, 2001-present
- Minnesota Legal Career Professionals, Member, 2005-present; NALP Liaison, 2018; Diversity Liaison, 2017; Vice President, 2005
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice Recruiting Committee, Member, 2015-present, Chair, 2020-present
- Twin Cities Legal Diversity Professionals, Member, 2018-present
- Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP), Member, 2019-present
- Twin Cities Diversity and Inclusion Roundtable, Member, 2018-present
- Association of Legal Administrators, Member, 2015-present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 1997-2020
- American Bar Association, Member, 1998-2015
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Panelist or Moderator, Finding and Keeping a Job: Strategies for New Lawyers that Really Work, Minnesota CLE, annually since 2009
Panelist, Interviewing, Hiring, On-boarding, and Orienting Remotely During COVID, RCBA/MSBA/HCBA CLE, 2021
Panelist, Foundations of Practice Course, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2019
Panelist, Professional Responsibility Course, University of St. Thomas Law School, 2019-2020
Speaker, OCI Boot Camp, University of St. Thomas Law School, 2016-2018, 2020, 2022
Panelist, Alumni CLE Series: Best Practices for Job Interviews, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2018
Panelist, Manage Your Way to Leadership—How to Successfully Work with Legal Support Staff, MSBA New Lawyers Leadership Conference, 2016
Panelist, So You Got Your Grades, Now What?, Twin Cities Diversity in Practice 1L Boot Camp, 2016
Speaker, Networking 101: How to Make, Impress, and Maintain Connections, CFA Society of Minnesota, December 2014
Speaker, Interviewing Development, MWL Student to Attorney Mentor Program, 2014
Co-Presenter, Personal Branding and Marketing, Minnesota State Bar Association New Lawyers Section Young Lawyers Leadership Conference, 2013