Sarah helps clients understand and manage legal risks as they buy and sell products and services nationally and internationally and seek to comply with complex disclosure regulations and regulatory requirements.
Sarah’s practice involves negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements, including domestic and international distributor agreements, sales representative and independent contractor agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, terms and conditions, and warranties. She assists clients with harmonizing terms and conditions and other form agreements post-acquisition and has provided training to client employees regarding use and negotiation of form agreements. Sarah works with public companies to ensure that the company satisfies disclosure obligations and stock exchange listing standards in a manner that is appropriate for the circumstances. Sarah also helps her clients buy and sell businesses, advises on entity selection, formation and dissolution, and provides general corporate and business counseling. Sarah’s clients include manufacturers, cooperatives and agribusiness companies.
Sarah is a Certified Public Accountant (Inactive) and has worked at Protiviti, primarily engaging in financial process redesign, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Sarah clerked for the United States Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C. She also interned for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Sarah attended George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School. She currently serves as Treasurer of Innovative Quality Schools, an authorizer of public charter schools.
- Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- College of Saint Benedict, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2014
- Intern, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of Inspector General, 2014
- Clerk, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, 2014
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2015-2016, 2020
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, Member
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Author, “U.S. Eases Iran Nuclear-Related Sanctions - What Does It Mean for U.S. Businesses?,” FredNEWS: International, September 2016