Shuchang has extensive experience in corporate matters in China. She supports top private equity and strategic investors in purchase and sale transactions on a regular basis, and advises these clients on their ongoing investments and operations in China. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, and other corporate commercial matters in China. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Shuchang was an associate with a leading PRC law firm.
- Advised leading US private equity funds on their add-on acquisitions and platform sales in China.
- Advised private equity firms and strategics on post-acquisition restructuring, integration and liquidations relating to their investments in China.
- Advised a US manufacturing company on its complex reorganization and downsizing in Asia.
- Advised a leading minerals and material company on its growth and restructuring of Chinese joint venture.
- Advised US and European companies on day-to-day commercial contract review, corporate governance, labor, and compliance issues relating to their operations in China.
- Advised US and European companies on contract and labor disputes relating to China, and administrative investigations initiated by Chinese regulators.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, LL.M., 2013
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B., 2012
- PRC, 2016, currently inactive
- New York, 2014
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Author, “Recent Regulatory Developments in China on Outbound Data Transer,” FredNEWS, September 19, 2022