Tarun is an associate in Fredrikson’s Mergers & Acquisitions group who assists clients with general corporate matters.
As part of the Mergers & Acquisitions group, Tarun represents public and private companies in many types of business transactions. His experience includes being part of the Business Law Clinic at the University of Minnesota Law School, where he worked with an internet startup to launch their mobile application, and with a generational barbecue sauce maker to form an entity.
Leveraging his experience working in Major League Baseball, collegiate athletics and for the Big Ten Conference, Tarun helped found the Sports & Name, Image and Likeness Clinic at the University of Minnesota Law School. Together with Fredrikson shareholder Christopher Pham, Tarun teaches the course to a group of law students and helps collegiate athlete clients take advantage of their Name, Image and Likeness rights through endorsement and branding contracts.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Created IP assignment agreements for client use in sale of business.
- Conducted due diligence for use in disclosure schedules.
- Researched and wrote memo on SEC treatment of cryptocurrency to assist client in deciding whether to create their own crypto tokens.
Sports & Entertainment
- Co-authored firm article on name, image and likeness.
- Founded Sports & Name, Image and Likeness Clinic at the University of Minnesota Law School.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2022
- Duke University, M.M.S., 2016
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., 2015
- Minnesota, 2022
- Yoseloff Scholar, Society for American Baseball Research, 2016
Civic & Professional
- University of Minnesota Law School—Sports & NIL Clinic, Co-Founder, 2022-present
- University of Minnesota Law School—Sports Law Association, Vice President, 2020-2022
- University of Minnesota Law School—Student Philanthropy Board, Co-Chair, 2020-2022
- Big Ten Conference, Legal Intern, 2022
- University of Minnesota Law School—South Asian Law Students Association, Treasurer, 2020-2021
- San Francisco Giants, Baseball Operations Associate, 2017
- Arizona Diamondbacks, Baseball Analytics Intern, 2016
News & Insights
- Firm News