Thuy helps corporate clients and foreign nationals with employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant cases.
With a background rooted in immigration law and human resources, Thuy works closely with attorneys on managing employment-based and family-based immigration cases. Since 2007, Thuy has built an extensive foundation and experience with the facilitation and filing of the following nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions: H-1B, E-3, H-1B1, individual and blanket L-1s, TNs, O-1s and P-1s, PERM Labor Certification, I-140 immigrant visa petitions (Multinational Manager, Outstanding Researcher, Extraordinary Ability, National Interest Waiver). Thuy assists consulates and representatives from around the world to ensure visa issuance and compliance with regulations.
Thuy has worked with HR professionals from a variety of industries, including oil and gas, engineering, software development /IT and medical, and she has experience assisting multinational corporations, investors, universities, educational systems and research institutions. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Thuy served as a corporate immigration paralegal in Houston, Texas.
- EB-1 Petitions for Outstanding Researchers, Persons of Extraordinary Ability and Multi-National Executives/Managers
- National Interest Waivers
- Adjustment of Status Applications
- E-1/ E-2 Treaty Trader/Investor
- Rice University, Professional Human Resources Certification, 2014
- University of Houston, M.Ed., 1996
- University of Houston, B.A., 1993
Civic & Professional
- Global Mobility & International HR, Member
- International Immigration Professionals, Member
- Immigration Law & International Business Networking, Member