September 19, 2016 ◦ 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Join seasoned startup advisors for a panel discussion that will provide entrepreneurs, investors and startup CEOs and CFOs with the current best practices for creating, running and understanding the framework and expectations of a startup board.
Panelists will cover the basics and provide attendees with guidance on the issues a board must cover as well as those they should cover. Are you wondering: am I doing things right? Attend this discussion and get these questions answered:
- What is a board?
- What is its purpose of the board?
- How are directors elected?
- How are directors removed?
- What are the duties of directors?
- What is an interested party / conflict transaction?
- What corporate actions must be approved by the board?
- What corporate actions should the board approve?
- How does the board make decisions?
- How is a meeting of the board called?
- Who is responsible for calling and managing board meetings?
- What happens at a typical board meeting?
- What does a typical board presentation look like?
- What should be included in minutes of the meeting of the board?
- What does a written action or consent of the board look like?
- Are there any decisions that should or should not be made by written action or consent?
Fredrikson & Byron’s Start Up & Rapid Growth Enterprises Group is excited to be a part of Twin Cities Startup Week and we hope you’ll join us to learn more about Startup Board Best Practices.
2:30 p.m. Registration
3:00 - 4:30 p.m. Panel Discussion and Q&A
807 Broadway St NE, Suite 310
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Please contact Karin Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.