Eric advises entrepreneurs, executive and growth companies in the formation, financing, development and operation of their businesses, with a focus on technology-based and life science enterprises.
Eric combines extensive background in these areas with technical expertise and practical business judgment to guide clients from initial stages of development to maturity. He assists entrepreneurs and development-stage companies in establishing their organizational structure, securing key intellectual property, creating equity incentive plans and raising capital. He represents public and private companies in general corporate and business matters, including distribution, licensing and other commercial relationships, equity and debt financing transactions, and merger, acquisition and disposition transactions. He advises senior management and Boards of Directors of public and private companies with respect to fiduciary duties, corporate governance and compliance with federal and state securities laws. Eric serves as outside general counsel and securities counsel to businesses in a variety of industries, including manufacturers and sellers of consumer products, industrial products, medical devices and other technology-based products and services.
- Represented a development-stage medical device company in several rounds of raising capital.
- Represented a developer of proprietary consumer products in raising capital, securing its technology, and establishing production and distribution arrangements.
- Negotiated a license of technology from a major university on behalf of a newly formed company.
- Represented an online retailer in the sale of its business.
- Represented a privately held customer and employee survey company in the sale of a primary business unit.
- Advised a publicly held retailer of consumer products in regard to corporate governance matters.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1977
- St. Olaf College, B.A., 1973, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 1977
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 1994, 1997-2006
- Phi Beta Kappa
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association