Our attorneys regularly represent venture capital, corporate and angel investors as well as growing companies in a wide range of financing transactions, including:
- Early stage seed rounds
- Convertible debt financing
- Institutional venture rounds
- Syndicated investment special purpose vehicles
- Broker and company sold private placements
- Secondary sales of portfolio companies
- Secondary sales of partnership interest
- Investor representation in connection with disposition or IPO of portfolio companies
Clients include venture capital funds, strategic corporate investors, hedge funds and angel investors, start-up companies and other rapid growth enterprises.
We understand the market within which venture capital transactions operate. We have developed a strong practice by delivering the highest caliber of work while being able to respond to our clients’ need to complete transactions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Our deep experience with private financing transactions and solid understanding of the venture capital industry has guided our development of a disciplined, process driven approach to venture capital and angel financing transactions. Whether representing an investor or company we:
- Understand that your objective is our success, so we start every engagement with one question—what do you hope to achieve?
- Create a transaction plan, schedule and team to meet your objectives
- Ensure that senior legal leadership is heavily involved in your transaction
- Utilize a disciplined and methodical document drafting, review and negotiation process
- Provide structured due diligence review and disclosure review process
We have closed thousands of private financing transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $2 billion.
- Over $2 billion in venture financings
- Represented $1 billion plus venture firm in over 200 investments
- Represented Fortune 100 retailer’s corporate venture capital group in numerous venture investments
- Represented Fortune 500 medical device company in numerous venture investments
- Represented numerous venture investors throughout U.S. in seed stage, venture and late stage investments
- Represented investors in secondary acquisition of portfolio securities
- Represented venture investors in over $1 billion in exit transactions