Dominick works with business owners and entrepreneurs on business formation, financing, mergers & acquisitions, employment contracts, corporate governance and other general corporate needs.
Dominick’s practice focuses on combining an understanding of business and the law in order to help companies craft strategic solutions to their idiosyncratic needs.
He represents clients of all sizes across a wide variety of industry sectors, ranging from startups to large private and public companies. For example, Dominick leveraged his experience, interest and knowledge of the brewing industry to help breweries raise money, negotiate and draft distribution agreements, structure employee compensation plans and navigate the state and federal regulatory environment during the craft beer explosion in Minnesota. Outside of the brewing industry, Dominick has experience working on multi-unit franchise acquisitions, private equity transactions, dental and orthodontic practice acquisitions, private placements of equity and debt, as well as general contract review for a variety of businesses.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Dominick worked at a boutique sell-side investment banking firm after practicing as a corporate associate at another Minnesota-based law firm.
- Represented a strategic acquirer in the cross-border acquisition of a Canadian company.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of an engineering services firm for $10 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of a national restaurant franchisor with 225 locations for $69.2 million.
- Represented a software development company in the acquisition of an international target with operations in Germany. Led due diligence efforts regarding the review of contracts and corporate documents drafted in the German language.
- Represented an event management company in the sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Led the sale and acquisition process of several private dental, orthodontic and chiropractic practices.
- Represented various “quick service restaurant” franchisees in over a dozen multi-unit acquisition and sale transactions with an aggregate transaction value of almost $300 million involving over 430 stores.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.S.B., 2010, summa cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2010, with distinction
- Minnesota, 2014
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2023
- Rising Star—Securities & Corporate Finance, Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2022
- Rising Star—Mergers & Acquisitions, Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2018-2020
Civic & Professional
- Association for Corporate Growth, Minnesota
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Panelist, M&A Pro Tips from ‘Recovering Lawyers’ Turned Investment Bankers, Minnesota State Bar Business Law Institute, May 1, 2017
Speaker, Capital Raising & Tax Incentive Considerations, Craft Beer Finance & Investment Conference, San Diego, CA, August 25, 2016
Panelist, Going Pro: Everything You Need to Know to Start Your Brewery, Bad Weather Brewery, St. Paul, MN, August 18, 2015