Kevin’s practice focuses on helping entrepreneurs and investors build technology-based businesses by providing experienced, practical and tech-savvy counsel in the areas of corporate finance, general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, strategic intellectual property monetization, and technology transactions.
Kevin is a shareholder in the Venture Capital & Angel Financing Group. His practice also focuses on start-up counseling, venture capital financing, technology licensing, strategic alliances and joint ventures, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Kevin served as general counsel for Crescendo Venture Management LLC, a global venture capital firm with in excess of $1 billion under management. He was responsible for overseeing all legal and administrative aspects of the firm’s operations, including litigation, employment matters, overseas offices and tax matters, as well as partnership formation, governance and investing.
- Lead counsel to investors and issuers in hundreds of venture financings with an aggregate value in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented Fortune 100 retailer in numerous strategic investments into early stage companies.
- Lead U.S. counsel on venture investments and other transactions in France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, UK, and Sweden.
- Worked with private equity firms in the organization and syndication of their funds.
- Represented numerous start-up and early stage companies in connection with transactions, including public and private offerings, mergers, licensing agreements, and employment matters.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1992
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Individualized Studies, 1988
- Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting, 2022
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012-2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 1999-2002
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association, Member, Subcommittee on Transactional Issues and Documents; Chairman, Subcommittee on Venture Capital Litigation
- California Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minne* (Minnesota not-for-profit corporation, serving technology entrepreneurs and designers), Board of Directors
- James J. Hill Reference Library, Board of Directors
- Saint Paul Business Ventures, Investment Committee
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, “Playing Nice with Others – Personal (and Legal) Problems with Equity Owners, Business Partners, Employees and Others,” Beers with Fred Series @ CoCo, December 2, 2014