Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020
Hosted By: Fredrikson & Byron’s Tax Disputes & Litigation Group
- Kyle Brehm – Officer, Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
- Ben Clough – Policy Director, Corporation Income Tax, Iowa Department of Revenue
- Kurt Konek – Policy Director, Individual Income Tax, Iowa Department of Revenue
- Michael Mertens – Policy Director, Pass-Through Entities, Iowa Department of Revenue
- Tim Reilly – Policy Director, Sales and Excise Taxes, Iowa Department of Revenue
- Robert Doty – Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Mark Godfrey – Taxation Division Director of Missouri, Missouri Department of Revenue
- Dee Wald – General Counsel & Special Assistant Attorney General, North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner
- Wendy Miller – Director, Audit Bureau, Wisconsin Department of Revenue
We are currently working through unprecedented times as individuals, businesses and government agencies as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. While businesses and individuals are challenged with adapting to the new normal, so too are the leaders within the agencies tasked with administering their state’s tax policies and statutes.
This panel includes state tax administrators from several states, each of which discuss the challenges facing their teams and how their respective agency is responding to those challenges. Our panelists also address the taxpayer questions their offices are most frequently asked to respond to as a result of the current environment we are working within.
After this webinar, listeners will be able to:
- Understand the current challenges faced by government agencies as well as those faced by taxpayers.
- Understand how some state taxing authorities are responding to the challenges facing their teams and their constituents.
- Navigate the ever-changing landscape of state tax compliance and reporting requirements that has resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic.