Fredrikson & Byron’s Trusts & Estates Group ranked in Band 1 in Minnesota and North Dakota in the 2017 edition of the Chambers High Net Worth Guide.
Jessica works closely with individuals, families and business owners to achieve their personal and financial estate planning goals. She focuses on asset protection for clients and their descendants, wealth transfer, estate tax minimization and trust and probate administration.
Jessica’s desire to understand each client’s unique situation and needs allows her to provide thoughtful and personalized recommendations so that her clients feel both financially and emotionally satisfied.
Prior to practicing law, she completed her C.P.A. and worked as a Tax Consultant at Deloitte in Minneapolis.
Articles & Presentations
September 1, 2016
Fredrikson & Byron has elected 9 new shareholders: Pamela Abbate-Dattilo, Jessica L. Foss, Aron J. Frakes, Robert M. Oberlies, Michael S. Raum, Lindsey A. Remakel, Michael D. Schoepf, Bradley J. Wallace and Aubrey J. Zuger.
December 31, 2015
I recently tried googling to see what percentage of parents with minor children have wills. If you don’t have a will, I have some good news and some bad news for you. Good news – you are not alone. More than half of parents with minor children don’t have wills.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “How Does the New Tax Law Impact Estate Planning?,” NALS of Fargo-Moorhead, May 8, 2018
- Speaker, “Estate Planning: What Everyone Needs to Know,” Financial Planning Day, Fargo, ND, April 2018
- Author, “What You Need to Know About Your Parents’ Estate Planning,” Area Woman, April 2018
- Speaker, “Income Tax Planning for Farmers,” National Business Institute, Fargo, ND, March 2018
- Author, “Q & A on Estate Planning,” Area Woman, October 2016
- Speaker, “Best Practices in Trusts and Estates Law,” State Bar Association of North Dakota and Young Lawyers Section, October 2016
- Speaker, “What Matters Most 2016 – For Trusts & Estates Professionals,” Minnesota CLE, Minneapolis, MN, September 2016
- Featured, “The Women of Fredrikson & Byron Law Firm,”Area Woman, June 2016
- Quoted in, “The Importance of Having a Will and Tips on Writing One,”Valley News Live, April 26, 2016
- Speaker, “Estate Planning Strategies for Farmers,” Mostad Insurance Services, Langdon, ND, February 2016
- Speaker, “Overview of Estate Planning,” Muscular Dystrophy Association, Fargo ND, January 2016
- Speaker, “2014 Farm Bill Highlights,” American Bar Association 2015 Joint Fall CLE Meeting, Chicago, IL, September 2015
- Appearance on North Dakota Today Show, “Probate and Protecting Your Inheritance,” September 2015
- Appearance on North Dakota Today Show, “Important Legal Documents Everyone Should Have,” August 2015
- Appearance on North Dakota Today Show, “Guardians, Wills and Estate Planning,” July 2015
- Speaker, “Grantor Trusts,” National Business Institute, June 2014
- Speaker, “Estate Planning Overview,” State Farm Agents, Fargo, ND, July 2012
- Speaker, “Estate Planning for Farmers,” Mostad Insurance Services, Langdon, ND, February 2012
- Speaker, “Tax Issues Facing Oil and Gas Businesses and Mineral Interest Owners,” Bismarck, ND, November 2011
- Speaker, “Charitable Gifting,” East Otter Tail Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Perham, MN, July 2011
Honors & Education
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D., 2008, with distinction
- Northern State University, B.S. in Professional Accountancy, 2005
- North Dakota, 2008
- Minnesota, 2010
- Chambers High Net Worth Guide, Private Wealth Law—Up and Coming, North Dakota, 2017-2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2016
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Cass County Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- Red River Estate Planning Council