As the firm’s chief operating officer, Ann has executive responsibility for Finance, IT, Marketing, Human Resources, and Practice Management, and acts in an ex-officio capacity on Fredrikson’s Board of Directors and its Executive Committee.
Through her involvement with the firm’s senior management team, Ann plays a leading role in pursuing the firm’s strategic objectives, managing the complexities of implementation, monitoring success metrics and aligning resources that translate plans and goals into effective action.
Ann brings 25 years of law firm management experience to her role. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Ann served as chief strategy officer at Taft, where she guided the firm in articulating its vision, identifying opportunities and executing innovative operational strategies.
Ann's industry experience includes serving as the chief operating officer of Briggs and Morgan, and as the chief talent officer at Faegre Baker Daniels. She was previously director of legal personnel at Faegre & Benson, and part of the human resources team at Stinson Leonard Street. Ann began her career in law firm administration at Chapman and Cutler in Chicago.
Ann is a frequent author and presenter on the topics of legal operations and leadership.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Northern Arizona University, B.S., 1993
- Legal Lean Sigma Institute, Legal Lean Sigma-White Belt
- Illinois, 1993
- Notable Women in Law, Twin Cities Business, 2022
- Most Successful & Inspiring Leaders, Twin Cities Business, 2017
Civic & Professional
- Association of Legal Administrators, Large Law Firm Representative, 2012-2015
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Alternative Careers Affinity Group, Co-Chair, 2018
- The Guthrie Theater, Board Member, Executive Committee Member, Community Engagement Committee Chair and 2022 Gala Chair, 2019-present
- Illusion Theater, Board Member, 2019-2021
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author, The Law Firm Operations Team: Collaborative Agent of Change in a Changing Profession, Mitchell Hamline Law Review, 2018. (Co-authored with James Keuning)
- Co-Author, Motivating Lawyers to Move from Activity to Impact, ABA LPM Webzine, May, 2013. (Co-authored with Kristine McKinney, Director of Diversity and Inclusion at FaegreBD)
- Professional Development for the Senior Associate, Law Firm Partnership and Benefits, Volume 15, Number 4, June 2009
- Panelist, Women Leaders, ALAMN, November 2019
- A Long December-Lawyer and the Wellness Imperative, Thomson Reuters COO/CFO Roundtable, October 2019
- Self-Compassion: Practicing and Teaching it In a Changing Legal Market, NALP Annual Conference, April 2019
- Twin Cities, Diversity in Practice, Membership Meeting, November 2018
- Women in Leadership – Charting Your Own Path to Success in a Changing Legal Landscape, MSBA 2018 Business Law Institute, May 2018
- Law Firm Leadership Series, Hennepin County Bar Association, 2015, 2017, 2019
- Act on ACT: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in Counseling, April 2018
- Many Stars Make a Constellation: Best Practices in Staff Management, NALP Annual Conference 2015
- Leadership Coach, NALP, Annual Conferences 2014-2019