Clients turn to Anu for efficient resolution and practical advice on their most sensitive and complex business and healthcare litigation needs.
Anu helps clients in the healthcare industry with a wide variety of litigation matters. For hospital systems and providers, she advises on and defends medical malpractice, professional licensing and privacy disputes. Anu also represents medical device companies in commercial disputes, products liability litigation and internal investigations. Drawing on this array of experience, she brings a cross-sectional perspective and unique insight to each individual matter.
Clients also seek Anu for her experience handling complex commercial litigation. She regularly represents clients in breach of contract, Article 2 UCC, trade-secret, non-compete, shareholder and business tort disputes in courts around the country and in arbitration.
- Represent doctors, nurses, and health systems in medical malpractice matters.
- Represent and advise health systems and privacy professionals regarding claims under the Minnesota Health Records Act.
- Represent medical-device companies in products liability.
- Represent healthcare providers in professional licensing disputes and regulatory proceedings.
- Obtained seven-figure jury verdict on behalf of employer suing former employee for theft of trade secrets and breach of the former employee’s duty of loyalty.
- Granted summary judgment in defense of claims alleging breach of non-solicitation agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets arising out of a distributorship relationship.
- Part of a litigation team that obtained a multi-million dollar arbitration award against a foreign manufacturer for breach of warranty and trade secret claims.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of breach of warranty/contract claims against food manufacturer based on sale of allegedly contaminated product.
- Conducted internal investigations regarding data privacy, billing, compliance and other regulatory matters for clients in the healthcare and medical device industries.
- Participated in investigations involving compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in the context of business acquisitions.
- Represented clients in investigations into internal employee grievances and allegations of employee misconduct.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- Macalester College, B.A., 2007, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2016
- Judicial Clerk, Honorable Michael J. Davis, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2014-2015
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Attorney of the Year, Group Recognition, Minnesota Lawyer, 2019
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012-2015, 2020
- Order of the Coif
Civic & Professional
- University of Minnesota Law School, Adjunct Professor, Law and Practice, 2016-2022
- Pillsbury United Communities, Board of Directors, 2022-present
- Assistant Hennepin County Attorney, Civil Division, January 2018-February 2019
- AmeriCorps*VISTA Member, 2007-2008
- Law and Inequality: A Journal of Theory and Practice, Lead Student Article Editor, 2011-2012
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, “Navigating Challenging Patient Relationships,” Fredrikson & Byron's Health Law Webinar Series, October 13, 2021
Co-Author, “The Secrets of Trade Secrets: Protecting Your Company’s Trade Secrets and Protecting Your Company Against Trade-Secret Claims,” March 2015