Cara is an intellectual property litigator and assists clients with their patent, copyright and trademark disputes.
Prior to practicing law, Cara worked for an aviation engineering firm as an extern in the contracts and legal departments. While working in-house, she gained experience balancing legal solutions with the reality of business needs.
- Cara and her colleagues brought suit against a supercharger manufacturer for patent infringement.
- Cara is a member of the case team that won dismissal defending the SKIPPY® peanut butter trade dress in Ohio.
- Cara and her colleagues won a dismissal of a copyright claim for a recording artist in the Southern District of New York and on appeal in the Second Circuit.
- Cara and her colleagues are pursuing a claim for correction of patent inventorship in the District of Delaware in the waste processing industry.
- Cara is a trial team member defending and pursuing multiple patents in the Northern District of Iowa.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2019
- Wartburg College, B.A., 2016, summa cum laude
- Iowa, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Litigation – Intellectual Property, 2023
Civic & Professional
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Journal of Corporation Law, Managing Editor, 2018-2019
- University of Iowa Voting Rights Clinic, Volunteer, 2018-2019
- Young Professionals Connection, Member