Cody is an associate in Fredrikson’s Energy group who focuses on energy law, regulatory matters and renewable energy.
As a detail-oriented attorney, Cody is part of a team advising utilities, transmission companies and independent power producers on routing, siting, permitting and other regulatory matters before the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, the Wisconsin Public Service Commission and other federal, state and local agencies.
Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, Cody practiced at a Twin Cities law firm where he specialized in handling product liability, commercial, insurance litigation and appellate matters.
- Member of trial teams achieving favorable verdicts for clients following multi-week trials.
- Handle dispositive and trial motion briefing in a variety of matters.
- Resolve matters pre-trial through ADR to accomplish client goals.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., 2019, summa cum laude
- Marquette University, B.A., 2016, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2020
- Wisconsin, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 2019
- CALI Award – Law & the Business of Baseball, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2018
- CALI Award – Mediation, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2018
- Burton Award Nominee for Excellence in Legal Writing, 2017
Civic & Professional
- State Bar of Minnesota, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Mitchell Hamline Law School – Minnesota Justice Foundation, Board Member, 2016-2017
- Mitchell Hamline Law Review, Associate, 2017-2018
- Mitchell Hamline Law Review, Note Selected for Publication in Volume 44, Issue 3
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Author, “Minnesota Court of Appeals Finds Minnesota’s Clean Car Rule Valid,” Bench & Bar of Minnesota, Minnesota State Bar Association, April 2023
Co-Author, “Court in PolyMet Mining Case Partially Grants Motion to Dismiss Claims Under the ESA,” Bench & Bar of Minnesota, Minnesota State Bar Association, March 2023
Co-Author, “Minnesota Court of Appeals Upholds Summary Judgment Against Minneapolis’ 2040 Plan,” Bench & Bar of Minnesota, Minnesota State Bar Association, January/February 2023