Delanie is an experienced lawyer, helping clients navigate the complexities of government regulation. She has worked with a variety of state and federal agencies and specializes in energy and environmental permitting, regulation and litigation.
Delanie has particular expertise permitting large, energy-generating facilities including wind, solar and battery systems, and can assist through all stages of the process—from preliminary due diligence and application preparation to post-permit litigation.
Her previous roles with the Wisconsin Public Service Commission and as Chief of Staff at the Wisconsin Department of Justice, combined with her technical experience as a mechanical engineer in the energy and manufacturing industries, uniquely equip her to be an effective legal partner.
Her thorough understanding of agency operation and the relationships she maintains with regulators and trade associations are very beneficial when assisting her clients.
Delanie enjoys the challenge of representing clients in the ever-changing regulatory environment. She is often tapped to speak on new or emerging environmental regulations, including per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and microplastics.
- Represented renewable development clients through successful permitting of multiple utility-scale renewable energy projects at the Wisconsin Public Service Commission.
- Represented clients in a successful challenge to Wisconsin regulatory agency enforcement of unpromulgated and unlawful administrative rules.
- Oversaw multiple significant state and federal litigation efforts as Chief of Staff at the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
- Represented the State of Wisconsin at the D.C. Circuit Court in West Virginia v. EPA regarding the Clean Power Plan and generation-shifting requirements for emissions limits.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2005, magna cum laude, valedictorian
- Wisconsin, 2011
- Texas, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Civic & Professional
- Sun Prairie Utilities Commission, 2019-2020
- Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court
- Wisconsin International Law Journal
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Presenter, PFAS Update, State Bar of Wisconsin’s 34th Annual Environmental Law Update, 2022
Author, “Unpredictable Wisconsin PFAS Regs Are Bad for Business,” Law360, July 2020
Presenter, Data Security, Building a Cyber Initiative and Stocking your Cyber Toolkit, Forensic Evidence, Cybercrimes, Electronic Evidence and Data Protection Workshop (sponsored by Conference of Western Attorneys General, East Africa Law Society and Rwanda Bar Association), Kigali, Rwanda, 2018
Frequent presenter on PFAS and Emerging Contaminants at conferences hosted by organizations such as Wisconsin Paper Council, Midwest Food Producers Association and Drycleaning and Laundry Institute.