Fredrikson has a long history of assisting clients with development, construction, procurement, regulatory, policy, environmental, real estate, corporate, tax, finance, and acquisition and divestiture needs for some of the largest and most complex energy and natural resources projects in the United States, often helping our clients bring new technology to the market. Our experienced team stays on the forefront of emerging energy and carbon mitigation technologies to assist our clients with implementing renewable and sustainability solutions in a rapidly evolving emerging energy technology and decarbonization market. We provide guidance on carbon sequestration, voluntary and compliance carbon markets and registries, green hydrogen, energy storage, sustainability goals, carbon intensity mitigation, micro-generation and renewable natural gas and fuels.
We strive to provide practical and up-to-date advice to our clients on emerging energy technologies and decarbonization, including counsel with respect to the following:
- Advising sellers and buyers of renewable energy and carbon offset credits in commercial transactions, including with respect to the sourcing, sale and/or purchase of such credits.
- Advising developers and asset owners of carbon generating or decarbonization projects on designing, building, regulatory matters, permitting, financing and securing land rights.
- Advising clients on tax equity financing using state and federal tax incentives, including 45Q tax credit qualification and creation of carbon credits and offsets.
- Acquiring and protecting intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks and copyrights associated with new technologies.
- Assisting national renewable energy developers with the acquisition and disposition/retirement of environmental attributes across several regional REC tracking programs and regional transmission operators.
- Assisting client, whose mission is to decarbonize the transportation industry, in developing a business model that uses California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard and voluntary credit markets to create a decarbonization program for EV manufacturers.
- Representing and advising renewable energy developers and sponsors related to the qualification for and creation of renewable energy, environmental and carbon-related credits and offsets.
- Advising developers and sponsors of improved forest management, afforestation, and reforestation projects, including with respect to commercial transactions, carbon registry methodologies, and the use of the Verra and Gold Standard programs.
- Advising emerging technologies on permitting and regulatory requirements, including assisting in ordinance development, rulemaking and similar efforts to gain approvals for new projects.
- Collaborating with environmental engineers to assess low carbon fuel content and content requirements to help clients achieve decarbonization and ESG goals.
Show all Energy Transition & Decarbonization professionals
- Delanie M. Breuer
- Christina K. Brusven
- Olivia E. Cares
- Riley Conlin
- Ryan Cox
- Bret A. Dublinske
- Jeremy P. Greenhouse
- Thomas R. Hipkins
- Molly Leisen
- Lindsey A. Remakel
- Kristy Dahl Rogers
- Mollie M. Smith
- Chris Storey
- David M. Streier
- Courtney A. H. Thompson
- Benjamin R. Tozer
- Richard E. Weiner
- James B. Woywod