Riley advises clients in the energy sector on siting, routing, permitting and other regulatory matters before state commissions and other state and local agencies.
Riley is an experienced energy attorney who is part of a team advising utilities, transmission companies and independent power producers on routing, siting, permitting, and other regulatory matters before the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, and other state and local agencies.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Riley practiced in the Minneapolis office of a national law firm where he specialized in representing clients before the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission in utility ratemaking, resource planning and various miscellaneous dockets.
- Represent clients in utility rate proceedings addressing issues including class cost of service, revenue requirement, return on equity, revenue allocation and rate design.
- Litigate energy contested-case issues before the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Strategize, counsel and advocate for clients in resource planning matters.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2016
- University of Puget Sound, B.A., 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Public Utilities Section Council, Member, 2019-2023; Chair, 2023-2024