We combine our in-depth knowledge of the industry, extensive network in the business community, strong relationships with government and industry leaders, and decades of legal experience to assist companies as they develop, design, equip, construct, own, operate, purchase and sell renewable fuel plants and equipment in the United States and overseas. The Renewable Fuels Group serves companies in project development, management and administration, zoning and permitting, real estate, contracting, technology licensing, intellectual property, equipment purchase and sale, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, taxation and litigation. Since 1993, the group has successfully negotiated, executed and concluded renewable fuel deals in more than twenty-five countries around the world.
- We have advised on the design, manufacture, construction, installation and sale of biodiesel equipment to customers in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America on behalf of one of the largest biodiesel companies in the world.
- We have acted as project lead counsel on the design, manufacture and installation of renewable energy plants in the United States, Europe and Asia on behalf of a U.S. ethanol company.
- We have advised on technology licensing, and the distribution and sale of ethanol equipment on behalf of one of Europe’s largest ethanol technology providers.
- We have assisted with the acquisition, financing, operation and maintenance of biodiesel plants in the United States on behalf of a large American biodiesel producer.
- We have advised a U.S. renewable plant contractor on equity raises, construction matters and corporate governance issues.