Eric works closely with clients to prepare and prosecute patent applications and help develop their patent portfolio and strategies to maximize their intellectual property protection.
Eric relies on his technical background to work directly with inventors to understand their invention and draft patent applications to thoroughly protect their intellectual property. He enjoys learning about new inventions and understanding the details of the inventions that are important to clients and their business.
Eric’s understanding of clients’ inventions, as well as their broader business strategy, helps him prosecute patents in front of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office while maintaining a focus on the scope of protection that meets the clients’ business needs.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications in a variety of technical fields, including electrical, mechanical and chemical based inventions.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications regarding electrical control systems, medical devices, test and measurement devices, thermal imaging cameras, chemical analysis systems and more.
- Assess competitive market landscapes across various technical fields to help guide patent drafting and prosecution strategies.
- Strategize and manage international patent portfolios.
- Research and address patent subject matter eligibility issues and rejections.
- Perform invalidity and freedom to operate analysis to help guide strategic patent and business strategies.
- Past research experience in semiconductor materials and devices, including deposition and characterization techniques of semiconductor materials.
- University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D., 2022, magna cum laude
- University of Minnesota, M.S. E.E., 2012
- Saint John’s University, B.A. Physics and Mathematics, 2009, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2022
News & Insights
- Firm News