Charlie assists clients with mergers and acquisitions and represents a number of businesses as outside general counsel.
Charlie advises public and private companies on both buy and sell side mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, venture financing and general corporate law. Charlie uses a practical approach to provide his clients with solutions to help them achieve their business objectives.
Charlie also works with his clients, providing general corporate advice regarding day-to-day legal matters. He enjoys helping his clients navigate the intersection of their legal and business needs.
- Represented the owners/founders of a privately held global software/operating technology company in a $1.6 billion sale to a public company.
- Represented the owners in the sale of a national sports and entertainment retail distribution and e-commerce business to the industry’s largest strategic player.
- Represented Private Equity Sponsor in the acquisition of a U.S. based nutraceutical manufacturer and distributor.
- Represented one of the nation’s leading egg production and distribution business in the sale of certain subsidiaries.
- Represented the owners of leading education technology company to a Private Equity backed platform.
- Represented a public multinational medical technology company in numerous medical device acquisitions.
- Represents private equity backed laboratory testing and services business in add-on acquisitions.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2012, Business Law Concentration
- University of Minnesota - Carlson School of Management, B.S.B, 2009
- Minnesota, 2012
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, 2021-2024
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2017
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- LegalCORPS, Board Member
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon (University of Minnesota), Board Member
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Featured Guest, "Name, Image and Likeness Rights with Jacob Abdo and Charlie Bennett," Just Us and the Law by Mitchell Hamline Law Review, October 18, 2021
Co-Author, "Maximizing Your Worth: Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) Rights in Amateur Athletics," July 29, 2021