Janet defends employers in actions in state and federal court, including cases involving claims of discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing, hostile work environment, defamation and contract disputes.
Janet’s practice focuses on complex litigation relating to non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, trade secret misappropriation, contract disputes and business torts.
She has represented clients before administrative agencies, courts, in jury trial, before arbitration panels, and in labor grievances. Janet also advises employers on personnel issues and policies.
Janet is also licensed to practice law in Canada. She advises employers on Canadian employment and labo(u)r issues, and has represented employers in Canadian court, before government tribunals, and in arbitration.
Janet clerked for the Honorable Kevin A. Lund in the Third Judicial District of Minnesota.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- University of Saint Thomas, B.A., 2007, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2012
- Wisconsin, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2017
- British Columbia, Canada, 2021
- Law Clerk, Honorable Kevin A. Lund, Third Judicial District of Minnesota.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017-2020
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
News & Insights
- EventOctober 24 & 26, 2023