We bring a practical, business-oriented approach to litigating and resolving cases. Our employment litigators have experience trying and winning cases before courts, juries, administrative agencies, and arbitration panels, as well as negotiating favorable settlements for clients.
We represent every kind of employer, from large publicly traded corporations to small start-ups, non-profits, and public sector employers. We litigate in federal and state courts and arbitral tribunals in Minnesota and around the country. We also regularly represent employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR) and other human rights agencies, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the Department of Labor (DOL), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other federal, state, and local administrative agencies.
Our litigators represent employers in both individual and class/collective actions alleging the full range of employment-related claims, such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations, breach of employment or non-compete agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, defamation, tortious interference with contract, and wrongful discharge.
- Obtained restraining order on behalf of public biotechnology company preventing employees from violating non-compete agreements.
- Defended national private investigation company in misclassification Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective/class action.
- Obtained verdict in favor of biomedical equipment servicer in marital status discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against an industrial sales company accused of misappropriating a competitor’s trade secrets and violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA).
- Obtained summary dismissal of disability and sex discrimination claims on behalf of utility location company.
- Defended homebuilder against pregnancy and religious discrimination claims and brought Stored Communications Act counterclaim.
- Successfully represented large non-profit organization through jury trial against claims of defamation and whistleblower violations.
- Obtained verdict in favor of security services company against disability discrimination and retaliation claims before civil rights commission.
- Obtained TRO on behalf of medical device company to prevent competitor’s violation of noncompete agreement, resulting in permanent consent injunction.
- Defended international coffee retailer in misclassification FLSA collective/class action.
- Arbitrated insurance broker’s solicitation of bond brokers resulting in significant award.
- Obtained directed verdict in jury trial and dismissal of claims brought by manufacturing company’s former executive for discrimination, contract, and quasi-contract claims.
- Obtained summary judgment for technology manufacturer on FMLA claims, and successfully defended appeal to Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained dismissal of self-compelled defamation action against massage therapy business.
Show all Employment & Labor Litigation professionals
- Pamela Abbate-Dattilo
- Beverley L. Adams
- Kristy L. Albrecht
- Brian T. Benkstein
- Lukas S. Boehning
- Robert C. Boisvert
- David P. Bunde
- Edward Q. Cassidy
- Ingrid N. Culp
- Abigale R. Griffin
- Melissa R. Hodge
- Jade B. Jorgenson
- Mary M. Krakow
- Kristin LeBre
- Brant M. Leonard
- Bryan J. Morben
- Olivia N. Norwood
- Bridget R. Penick
- Anne M. Radolinski
- Devan C. Rittler-Patton
- Karen G. Schanfield
- Kendra D. Simmons
- Teresa M. Thompson
- Ashley R. Thronson
- Brandon R. Underwood
- David G. Waytz
- W. Thomas Wheeler
- Aubrey J. Zuger
News & Insights
- Firm NewsU.S. News – Best Lawyers® Ranks Fredrikson Among 2023 “Best Law Firms”
- Legal UpdateThe Present and Future of Drug and Alcohol Testing—What Employers Should Know About the Iowa Supreme Court’s Recent Decisions
- Legal UpdateIowa Employment Law Update: One Minor Change Coming July 1, Others Brewing