Zach is an experienced transactional attorney who focuses his practice primarily on mergers and acquisitions and finance transactions, including municipal and other finance transactions. As a result of Zach’s wide-ranging experience, he knows what it takes to get a deal done efficiently and effectively.
Zach has broad experience representing and advising private equity funds and strategic buyers and sellers in a variety of M&A and corporate reorganization transactions ranging in transaction size and complexity.
Additionally, Zach has experience in multifamily housing and represents owners and borrowers in connection with the purchase and sale of properties as well as acquisition financing and refinancing transactions with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD. Zach also represents underwriters and borrowers in connection with a variety of tax-exempt bond and other municipal bond finance transactions, including for non-profit organizations, educational institutions, health care organizations and multifamily housing developments.
Zach uses his prior experience working for a Fortune 100 company to bring a practical business approach and perspective to his legal advice.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a private equity-backed power solutions company in a $60M merger acquisition of a transistors manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity-backed engineering and manufacturing company in $70M acquisition of an East coast based thermal management company.
- Represented Talenti Gelato in sale of equity and assets to Unilever.
- Represented local bio-technology company in multiple acquisitions.
- Represented local construction contracting company specializing in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry in the sale of all of its stock to a national, publicly traded construction and engineering company.
- Represented All Safe Global, Inc. in connection with securing $8 million in acquisition financing for the purchase of American Cylinder, Inc.
- Represented several related real estate holding companies in connection with corporate reorganization to facilitate financings.
- Acted as bond counsel in connection with student housing redevelopment project.
- Represented underwriter on tax exempt bond issue to finance the acquisition and development of a new facility for a federally qualified health center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented local hospital in connection with refunding bond issue.
Securities & Finance
- Represented lender on numerous private revenue-based financing transactions ranging from $400,000 to $4.5 million in principal amount.
- Represented various borrowers in connection with multi-family housing financings and refinancings.
- Represented Medtronic, Inc. on public offerings of debt securities, ranging from $1 billion to $3 billion in principal amount.
- Represented several local wind energy development companies in connection with corporate reorganizations and recapitalizations.
- Represented local wind energy development companies in connection with wind project development and construction.
- Represented national wind energy project development companies in multiple rounds of private and public financing.
Honors & Education
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2008, with distinction
- Wartburg College, B.A., 2003, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2008
- Joan Hueffner & Stephen Steinbrink Real Estate Award
- Journal of Corporation Law, Note and Comment Editor 2007-2008, Staff 2006-2007
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- John Deere (Deere & Co.), Supply Management – Power Systems, 2003-2005
- Volunteer Lawyers Network 2008 – present
- Member of the Community Leadership Board of the American Diabetes Association, Minnesota and North Dakota Chapter 2009 – present