Ben helps corporate clients complete mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and commercial transactions by providing practical advice.
Ben is a dedicated business attorney who assists clients with a range of mergers and acquisitions – both domestic and cross-border transactions. He skillfully negotiates key deal documents, executes closings and assists with all aspects of the transaction process. Ben also helps clients navigate corporate matters throughout a private business’s life cycle, including corporate governance, commercial transactions, joint ventures, business planning and financing.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Ben practiced corporate law in Des Moines, Iowa. He is licensed to practice in Iowa and Minnesota.
- Represented manufacturers, retailers and developers in add-on and strategic acquisitions
- Represented closely-held companies in divestitures and sales to strategic buyers
- Represented dental practices through acquisitions and sales
- Represented minority owners in acquisitions and sales
- Represented private businesses in corporate reorganizations
- Represented businesses in corporate governance and other corporate law matters
- Represented corporate clients in cross-border and domestic commercial transactions
- Represented borrowers, lenders and financial institutions in financing matters
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 2013, Business Law Certificate, with high honors
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, B.S., 2010, with honors
- Iowa, 2013
- Minnesota, 2019
- Law Clerk, Southern District of Iowa, U.S. Probation Office, 2011
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Delta Theta Phi International Law Fraternity
- Drake University Law Review, Production Editor, 2012-2013; Junior Staff, 2011-2012
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Presenter, “Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act,” National Business Institute, June 17, 2016