Jack is a litigation attorney providing outstanding service to clients in disputes related to business, construction, real estate and education.
He takes a comprehensive approach to each case, ensuring his clients know their options, feel empowered and informed to make their own choices and rest assured that their matters are in capable hands.
Both inside and outside the courtroom, Jack stands up for his clients. Jack listens to his client’s goals and frames the legal issues in clear terms to help them navigate challenging disputes, offering carefully tailored guidance at each step. From simple mechanic’s lien cases to complex business litigation, Jack is committed to obtaining the best result for his clients.
Jack has deep roots in Iowa, a proud Sioux City native. He studied History, Political Science, Legal Studies and Theater at Morningside University, graduating summa cum laude in 2016 as President of his class. While at Drake University Law School, Jack served as President of the Student Bar Association, Captain of the National Moot Court Team, and an editorial board member of the Drake Law Review. In 2019, he graduated summa cum laude as Valedictorian. He passed the Iowa bar that same year and later also joined the Nebraska bar. Before joining private practice, Jack spent the first two years of his career serving as a law clerk to the Honorable C.J. Williams in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa in Cedar Rapids. In addition to private practice, Jack also serves as an Adjunct Professor at Drake University Law School.
- Won victories for clients both at trial and on appeal.
- Successfully drafted and argued multiple motions for summary judgment.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for clients, both prior to and during litigation.
- Drake University Law School, JD., 2019, summa cum laude, valedictorian
- Morningside University, B.A., 2016, summa cum laude
- Iowa, 2019
- Nebraska, 2023
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2022
- Law Clerk, Honorable C.J. Williams, Northern District of Iowa, 2019-2021
- Legal Extern, Honorable Brent R. Appel, Iowa Supreme Court, 2019
- Order of the Barrister
- Order of the Coif
- Outstanding Law Student of the Year, Iowa State Bar Association, 2019
- Goodman Distinguished Advocate Award, Drake University Law School, 2019
- Martin Tollefson Leadership & Service Award, Drake University Law School, 2019
- Outstanding Student in the Humanities, Morningside University, 2016
- James M. Miller Excellence Award in History, Morningside University, 2016
Civic & Professional
- Drake University Law School, Adjunct Professor
- American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Midwest Innocence Project, Volunteer
- Prevent Child Abuse Iowa, Board Member, 2023-present