Leah’s practice includes all areas of complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Leah represents clients in complex commercial disputes including class action defense, shareholder disputes, banking and financial services litigation, contract disputes, mergers and acquisitions, business torts and malpractice defense.
Leah is the Co-Chair of the Business Litigation Department and serves on the firm’s Attorney Development Committee. She has been recognized as a Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers. Prior to joining Fredrikson, Leah served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Richard H. Kyle of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- Defended bank against fraud and breach of contract claims brought by former account holders, obtaining a favorable resolution for the bank after discovery and motion practice.
- Defended public company in a putative class action alleging that a tender offer undervalued the company’s stock. After the Court denied the plaintiff’s motion for expedited discovery, the plaintiff’s claims were dismissed with prejudice.
- Defended accounting firm against professional malpractice claims, obtaining dismissal of all claims on summary judgment.
- Defended a Bank against breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims by a former customer associated with a participation agreement and complex loan transaction. The case was dismissed on summary judgment and the decision upheld at the court of appeals.
- Represented the general partner of a limited partnership in a putative class action by the limited partners. The plaintiffs’ motion for class certification was denied, and the case was resolved on favorable terms.
- Represented a mail/rebate-processing company against its former customer in a breach of contract action. Obtained a favorable award of damages after an arbitration of the matter.
- Defended several public company clients in shareholder class actions lawsuits, including expedited pre-closing/merger proceedings.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude
- Carleton College, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2005
- Judicial Clerkship, Honorable Richard H. Kyle, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2004-2006
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2020-2024
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2017-2021
- Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2014
- Order of the Coif
Civic & Professional
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association