Paul focuses his practice on insolvency issues and real estate matters, representing creditors in documenting new loans and workouts both in connection with commercial non-real estate and real estate loans.
He also handles commercial foreclosures, corporate and real estate receiverships, cash collateral stipulations and other matters involving secured creditors and distressed businesses.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1983, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, B.A., 1978, cum laude
- Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 1987
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2014-2015
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Estate, Bankruptcy and Business Law Act Sections
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Hamline Law School, Adjunct Professor, 2004-present
- University of Minnesota Law School, Adjunct Professor, 2011-present
- African Development Center, Board and Executive Committee Member, 2004-2009
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Paul has frequently spoken at seminars and client presentations dealing with commercial loan and exercising rights and remedies in connection with the same.
Paul has also authored and co-authored several articles dealing with insolvency, bankruptcy and commercial loans.