Zach is an experienced transactional attorney who focuses his practice primarily on mergers, acquisitions, financings, and other complex corporate transactions. Zach applies his broad experience to get deals done efficiently and effectively.
Zach represents and advises national private equity funds and their portfolio companies and strategic buyers and sellers in a variety of complex M&A, corporate reorganization, and joint venture transactions.
Whether Zach is representing a buyer or seller, he seeks to build bridges with a collaborative, results-oriented approach, while still being an effective advocate for his clients. Zach strives to put himself in his clients’ shoes and treat each deal as though it was his own. Zach uses his prior experience working for a Fortune 100 company to bring a practical business perspective to his legal advice.
- Represented Arcline (a San Francisco-based PE fund) in its acquisition of Evans Capacitor Company, which was rebranded as Quantic; represented Quantic in four add-on acquisitions
- Represented Fairbanks Morse, a portfolio company of Arcline, in several add-on acquisitions, including the acquisition of Hunt Valve Company, a specialty manufacturer of naval valves and electromechanical actuators, from a PE fund
- Represented Goldner Hawn (a Minneapolis-based PE fund) in connection with its acquisition of Steven Label, a California-based manufacturer of specialty labeling and packaging products
- Represented Goldner Hawn in connection with its sale of Stellar Materials, a manufacturer of highly proprietary, mission-critical and innovative specialty chemistries and materials, to a sponsor-backed buyer
- Represented American Industrial Partners (a New York-based PE fund) in its sale of Texstars, a manufacturer of high-performance transparencies, wingtip lenses, and plastic components for aerospace and defense vehicles and advanced transparent coatings, to PPG
- Represented Crestview Aerospace, a portfolio company of American Industrial Partners in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Impresa Aerospace pursuant to a 363 sale under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Represented Talenti Gelato in its sale to Unilever
- Represented Bio-Techne in multiple $100M+ acquisitions of venture-backed companies
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2008, with distinction
- Wartburg College, B.A., 2003, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2008
- Joan Hueffner & Stephen Steinbrink Real Estate Award
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- John Deere (Deere & Co.), 2003-2005
- Journal of Corporation Law, Note and Comment Editor 2007-2008, Staff 2006-2007
- Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Community Leadership Board of the American Diabetes Association, Member, Minnesota and North Dakota Chapter, 2009-2013