Andrew delivers practical legal advice to help his health care clients effectively and efficiently complete business transactions, comply with applicable state and federal regulations, and achieve their business goals.
Andrew’s practice focuses on advising physician and dental groups, hospital systems, and medical device companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other transactions, and assisting these clients in resolving the legal obstacles they are facing. Drawing on his prior experience as an in-house attorney, Andrew also counsels companies in various industries, including tech companies, banks, and manufacturers, on general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Andrew was an in-house attorney at a Twin Cities company with a national footprint. In that capacity, he provided general legal advice to business units throughout the company and worked closely with senior management on compliance with state and federal laws and managing litigation risk. Andrew’s in-house experience provides him with valuable insight on the legal and economic pressures facing companies, which he uses to deliver cost-effective legal services to his clients.
- Represented several dental support organizations in connection with acquisitions and sales of dental practices.
- Represented hospital system in connection with multiple business combinations and investments.
- Represented physician group in connection with the acquisition of several independent medical practices.
- Advised medical device companies on compliance with applicable regulations, including the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark law.
- Worked with multiple hospitals to ensure compliance with scope of practice and other applicable state and federal regulations.
- Represented leading national middle market private equity funds in multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of multiple companies in the consumer finance industry.
- Advised multiple clients regarding corporate governance issues, including the role and duties of the board of directors and drafting organizational documents.
- Represented a Minnesota medical device company in disputes arising out of acquisitions of two other medical device manufacturers involving earnouts.
- Advised companies facing potential shareholder litigation arising out of announced mergers or acquisitions.
- Argued before the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- University of Iowa, B.S., 2005, with high distinction and honors
- Minnesota, 2009
- Wisconsin, 2009
- Judicial Intern, Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2008-2009
Civic & Professional
- Wisconsin Law Review, Editor, 2008-2009
- U.S. Tennis Association Northern Section, Board Member, 2017-present
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Housing Court Volunteer Attorney, 2013-2014
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, The 2022 Regulatory Update: Vaccines, Shared Visits, Co-Mingled Space and More, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 8, 2021
Co-Presenter, PE, or not PE, that is the Question, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, September 15, 2021
Co-Presenter, The Annual Regulatory Update, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 9, 2020
Co-Presenter, Health Law FAQ: COVID-19 and More, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, August 12, 2020
Co-Presenter, Opioid Crisis Response: Key Legal Developments Every Health Lawyer and Compliance Officer Should Know, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, February 19, 2020
Co-Presenter, Regulatory Update, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 11, 2019
Co-Presenter, Health Law Grab Bag: FAQs for Hospitals and Clinics, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, October 16, 2019