View on Demand
Click here to view this webinar on demand.
The laws, policies and enforcement efforts arising out of the opioid crisis span many topics and jurisdictions. We spent this special 90-minute webinar briefing you on the substance every health lawyer and compliance officer should know about the response to the opioid crisis:
- Reimbursement for substance use disorder (SUD) treatment
- Privacy and confidentiality of SUD treatment records
- Prescribing regulation and pitfalls
- Telehealth and SUD treatment
- 2018 SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act of 2018
- 21st Century Cures Act
- Developments around the Eliminating Kickbacks and Recovery Act (EKRA)
- State efforts to combat the opioid epidemic
- Multidistrict litigation (MDL) update
- Federal civil and criminal enforcement efforts against prescribers, pharmacies, distributors and manufacturers
We also created a one-page resource for you to understand the various services available to your specific organization to work through the challenge of the opioid crisis.
Live webinar participants will receive an email upon program approval for Minnesota and Iowa Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) credits through the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® (typically three or four weeks following the webinar). Please contact Greta Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an attorney licensed in another state and would like information about obtaining CLE accreditation.