Danny assists clients throughout the litigation process in several areas of law. His diverse practice includes a broad range of litigation, with particular focus on real estate-related litigation, condemnation and property tax matters.
In the area of eminent domain, Danny works for and appears on behalf of both condemning authorities and landowners in court, jury, and commissioner proceedings involving the validity and scope of takings, the valuation process to arrive at just compensation, and unique takings issues. In connection with this work, he has also assisted clients regarding various regulatory matters and litigation related to energy projects.
As a litigator, Danny broadly represents clients in a variety of matters, including landlord, tenant, and lease-based disputes, construction and mechanic’s lien litigation, zoning and land use challenges at various governmental levels, trespass and nuisance actions, and numerous other real estate and general commercial contexts.
Danny works with clients in challenging property tax assessments to achieve fair valuations, particularly for industrial, retail, and other commercial property types, in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. In this capacity, Danny represents his clients before a variety of entities and tribunals, including local review boards, state agencies and courts of law.
- Represents utilities and energy companies in condemnation and related project litigation matters; has appeared in court on petition and motion hearings, handled valuation hearings before court-appointed condemnation commissioners, and co-chaired a week-long jury trial on just compensation that produced favorable results for client.
- Represents landowners in both direct and inverse condemnation claims in connection with government projects and actions.
- Represents several major commercial, industrial, and retail property owners in property tax objections, court challenges, trials and appeals.
- Has achieved real estate tax reductions for clients reducing estimated market value by millions of dollars for clients in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Represented landowner in court challenge of local board’s denial of variances and related inverse taking claim.
- Represented commercial property owner in dispute regarding adjacent property use and maintenance.
- Led successful three-day court trial to cancel contract for deed.
- Represented commercial developer in construction contract and mechanic’s lien dispute.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2010, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2014
- Wisconsin, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2024
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2015, 2018-2020
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Beta Kappa
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 2013-2014