Fredrikson & Byron attorney Christopher D. Pham was welcomed as a member of the board of trustees of Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Christopher D. Pham
Assistant: Brenda Haberman, 612.492.7678
“I believe in a service-focused, pragmatic approach in vigorously advocating for my clients’ legal rights, while working toward a timely and cost-effective resolution.”
Christopher handles a wide range of complex business and commercial cases.
Christopher represents clients in cases involving securities and financial fraud, shareholder derivative and class actions, special litigation committee investigations, merger and acquisition litigation, investor-broker firm disputes, contractual disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes, and SEC, FINRA and state regulatory proceedings.
Christopher is involved in several pro bono initiatives and is a volunteer attorney for YouthLink, Hennepin County Housing Court Project and Children’s Law Center of Minnesota. He also serves on the Board of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and is the Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Group.
- Serve as counsel for Special Litigation Committees retained by public companies, and private, family-owned company.
- Assisted in obtaining a complete defense jury verdict for debt purchaser accused of fraud and related activities for several million dollars.
- Prevail in a hotly contested mortgage priority dispute in a 5-day bench trial.
Articles & Presentations
February 19, 2018
Fredrikson & Byron attorney Christopher D. Pham has been chosen as a 2018 Fellow by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
September 1, 2017
By Christopher D. Pham & N. Chethana Perera
Last year, banks worldwide experienced cyber attacks through the SWIFT messaging system.
May 10, 2017
With cyber intrusions becoming more common and sophisticated, the New York State Department of Financial Services has implemented a new regulation to combat these ever-increasing dangers.
July 13, 2016
Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of two attorneys to the firm’s Minneapolis office. Christopher Pham is a senior associate joining Fredrikson & Byron’s Securities Litigation, Shareholder & Partnership Disputes and Investment Management Groups. Elizabeth A. Summers is an associate joining Fredrikson’s Trusts & Estates Group.
- Featured in “Pro Bono Case Leads to Changes in St. Paul Schools,” Minnesota Lawyer, December 18, 2018
- Featured in “Profiles in Practice,” Hennepin Lawyer, November/December 2018
- Featured in “Minnesota Attorney Christopher Pham Helps Elevate Your Network,” Rollingout, February 5, 2018
- Featured in “How This Young Attorney is Bringing Professionals Together in the Twin Cities,” Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, August 15, 2017
- Featured in “The Future is Diverse. Is Your Company?” Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, July 21, 2017
- Panelist, “Diversity in Business,” Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal Forum, July 13, 2017
- Panelist, “Annual Meeting Panel Discussion,” Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, April 12, 2017
- Panelist, “Diversity and Working Through Difference,” Hennepin County Bar Association Law Firm Leadership Program, April 2017
- Co-Author, “Lien-In: The Use and Abuse of Marital Liens,” Bench & Bar of Minnesota, July 2013
- “Championing Diversity in the Twin Cities,” Minneapolis University Rotary Club, July 1, 2013
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Honors & Education
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- Chapman University, M.A., 2006
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2004
- Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2009
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2018
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Star — Securities Litigation, 2015-2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2013-2017
- Hennepin County Bar Association Diversity Award, 2013
- Leonard E. Lindquist Pro Bono Award, 2013
- Pro Bono Spirit Award, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- National Association of Asian American Professionals – Minnesota
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Board of Trustees
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, Board of Directors, 2011-2017; Young Lawyers Group, Co-Chair, 2011-2017; and Member, 2011-Present
- YouthLink, Legal Clinic Volunteer, 2010-Present
- Hennepin County Housing Court Project, Legal Clinic Volunteer, 2010-Present
- Children’s Law Center of Minnesota, Volunteer Attorney, 2012-Present
- Cookie Cart, Board of Directors, 2012-2015
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Letters to Creditors Volunteer Attorney, 2012-2014
- Tubman Safety Project, Volunteer Attorney, 2012-2014
- YMCA, Downtown Community Board of Directors, 2011-2014