Let’s Talk About Tax brings together the thoughts, experiences and lessons from Fredrikson & Byron’s tax planning and litigation attorneys. We will provide comments, questions, intriguing observations and analyses on diverse tax matters of interest. Our topics range from federal and multistate income tax, sales and use taxes, and various excise taxes to foreign income taxes, tax treaty matters, and business license issues. We will also cover procedural and litigation matters at both the federal and state level. No tax subject is out of bounds. We look forward to engaging with our readers to get your input, reactions, experiences and ideas.
- The Tangled Web of Worker Classification: Different Legal Standards Weave Confusion
- How to Undermine Your Tax Positions: Let’s Talk About Privilege
- Professor Moriarty Is Going to Make an Appearance at the U.S. Supreme Court
- Minnesota Ends COVID-19 Nexus Relief
- Less Than Meets the Eye: SCOTUS Holds Tax Court Petition Deadline Not Jurisdictional
- The Glory of Junk Mail
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble: DOL and IRS Penalties for Failure to File Form 5500
- As Sherlock Holmes Would Say, “The Game’s Afoot”: A Possible SCOTUS Tax Case?
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Should Companies Let Employees Work from Other States?
- It’s Not Easy Being Green: The Complicated Web of State Taxation and Renewable Energy Projects