Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Aubrey J. Zuger was named a “40 Under 40” honoree by Prairie Business magazine.
Aubrey represents clients in a wide range of complex business matters. She focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including contract disputes, securities litigation, construction claims, shareholder disputes, business torts and real estate litigation. Aubrey’s experience includes successfully defending a national broker-dealer at trial, as well as obtaining favorable trial verdicts, summary judgment rulings and settlements for other business clients. Aubrey has represented construction companies, in court and in arbitration, in actions arising from bonds, injuries on job sites and in disputes over non-payment of claims. Aubrey also handles probate and trust-related disputes, including breach of fiduciary duty claims, will disputes and guardian/conservator actions.
Aubrey also assists employers in a variety of employment-related disputes, including claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination. Aubrey regularly appears in federal and state court in North Dakota and Minnesota, as well as in arbitrations and before state agencies.
Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, Aubrey served as a judicial law clerk for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the North Dakota Supreme Court. Aubrey works out of the Fargo, N.D., office.
Articles & Presentations
September 1, 2016
Fredrikson & Byron has elected 9 new shareholders: Pamela Abbate-Dattilo, Jessica L. Foss, Aron J. Frakes, Robert M. Oberlies, Michael S. Raum, Lindsey A. Remakel, Michael D. Schoepf, Bradley J. Wallace and Aubrey J. Zuger.
August 25, 2015
Six Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were named 2015 Great Plains Super Lawyers, and three Fredrikson attorneys were named 2015 Great Plains Rising Stars.
August 25, 2014
Five Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were named 2014 Great Plains Super Lawyers, and three attorneys were named 2014 Great Plains Rising Stars.
May 9, 2014
The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) recognized 67 current Fredrikson & Byron attorneys as North Star Lawyers.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “The Employment Litigation Rollercoaster,” Fredrikson & Byron’s Annual North Dakota Employment Law Seminars, October 5-6, 2017
- Panelist, “Truth Telling in Negotiations,” Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference, Fargo, ND, July 12, 2017
- Quoted in, “Insights and Intuition: Avoid These Common Interview Mistakes,” Prairie Business, July 2017
- Co-author, “Disposition of Appeal,” Eighth Circuit Appellate Practice Manual, 6th & 7th editions
- Featured, “The Women of Fredrikson & Byron Law Firm,” Area Woman, June 2016
- Presenter, Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know About Hearsay, May 16, 2014
Honors & Education
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D. 2008, with distinction
- University of Mary, B.S., 2004, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2011
- North Dakota, 2008
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2009
- Prairie Business, 40 Under 40, 2018
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, North Dakota – Labor & Employment, 2019
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, North Dakota – Litigation: General Commercial, 2019
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Up and Coming, North Dakota – Labor & Employment, 2017-2018
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Up and Coming, North Dakota – Litigation: General Commercial, 2017-2018
- Great Plains Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Business Litigation, 2014-2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2013 and 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- President-Elect, Board of Governors of the State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Member, Client Protection Committee of the State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Member, Volunteer Lawyer Program Committee of the State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Member, Joint Law School/State Bar Association of North Dakota Committee
- Member, State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Member, Eighth Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Cass County Bar Association
- Coach, University of North Dakota School of Law’s External Moot Court Team, 2012
- Coach, University of North Dakota School of Law’s Trial Team, 2009
- North Dakota Law Review Board of Editors, 2007-2008
- Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley