Katie advises health care clients in corporate matters and transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic partnerships among health care entities. In addition to traditional health care providers, Katie regularly advises private equity sponsors and their health care portfolio companies in acquisition, expansion, and regulatory matters.
Katie’s health care clients include dental support organizations, practice management companies, independent physician and dental groups, veterinary service providers, behavioral health providers, hospitals, health systems, ambulatory surgery centers, and other health care providers and suppliers. Katie also provides guidance to her clients on a variety of health law topics including regulatory compliance, Stark and antikickback issues, and HIPAA matters.
- Represents regional and national dental practice management companies in acquisition, expansion, and regulatory matters.
- Works with private equity sponsors in the structuring and operation of health care portfolio companies in the medical, dental, behavioral health, chemical dependency and veterinary space.
- Serves as outside general counsel to physician and dental group practice clients, advising on matters ranging from professional service agreements with health systems to anti-kickback, Stark and other regulatory matters.
- Advises health care providers in complex and strategic transactions, including acquisitions, divisional mergers and joint ventures.
- Regularly provides advice to health care providers on Stark, anti-kickback, licensing and other compliance matters.
- Advises ambulatory surgical centers in formation and operation matters.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2005, magna cum laude
- Northwestern University, B.S., 2002
- Order of the Coif, Member
- Minnesota Law Review, Articles Submission Editor, 2004-2005; Staff Member 2003-2004
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Health Law and Business Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, PE, or not PE, that is the Question, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, September 15, 2021
Co-Presenter, Health Care Transactions: Key Issues and Strategic Considerations, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, April 14, 2021
Moderator, Consolidation of the Dental Industry: The Drivers and Direction, ADSO Boldly Evolving Dentistry, March 24, 2021
Preparing Your Practice for Sale, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, January 18, 2017
Structuring and Negotiating a Health Care Transaction: Key Business and Regulatory Considerations, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, January 13, 2016
Moderator, Patient/Consumer Engagement to Achieve the Triple Aim, LifeScience Alley Digital Health Conference, September 15, 2015
Professional Services Agreements: Best Practices and Implementation, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, May 13, 2015
Physician/Hospital Joint Venture: Key Considerations, Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, April 9, 2014