- Fredrikson & Byron, in association with Faegre Baker Daniels, acted as legal counsel to APi Group, Inc. in its sale to J2 Acquisition Limited for approximately $2.9 billion.
Attorney Kayla C. Hoel has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Immigration Group. Hoel advises clients navigating the complexities of Immigration law.
Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of seven associates to the firm’s Minneapolis office.
The results of Fredrikson & Byron's 2019 board elections have been announced.
Attorney Nancy S. Anton has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Employment & Labor Group. Anton has more than 20 years of experience advising clients on employment laws in the workplace.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to GoKart Labs in its acquisition by West Monroe Partners.
Attorney Chantal M. Wilson has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
- Fredrikson & Byron has been listed to the Honor Roll in BTI Consulting Group's BTI Litigation Outlook 2020.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Brightstar Capital Partners, a private investment firm, in its acquisition of Capstone Nutrition, a leading developer and manufacturer of nutrition products.
Attorneys Cara S. Donels and Austin L. Goodnight have joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Des Moines office.
Attorney Zachary S. Pratt has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Patents, Intellectual Property and Artificial Intelligence Groups.
Attorney Jesse C. Beier has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Trusts & Estates and Trusts & Estates Litigation Groups. Beier dedicates his practice to trusts and estates matters, ranging from planning to litigation.
- The plaintiffs, RELX, Inc., d/b/a LexisNexis USA, and a data analyst for Lexis Nexis in F-1 student status, alleged that the California Service Center, USCIS; the Department of Homeland Security; and others violated the Administrative Procedure Act when they denied LexisNexis' H-1B petition on behalf of the data analyst.
- Fredrikson & Byron’s Director of Public Relations and Marketing, Kelly Griffith, was named a 2019 Unsung Legal Hero by Minnesota Lawyer magazine.
Fredrikson has elected eight new shareholders: Nikola L. Datzov, Steven R. Kinsella, Katie A. Perleberg, Christopher D. Pham, Joseph J. Schauer, Benjamin R. Tozer, Emily A. Unger and Haley Waller Pitts.
81 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020. Five of these Fredrikson attorneys were also named a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers®. Only one attorney in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Attorney David B. Tibbals has joined Fredrikson as an associate in the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Business & Tax Planning and Tax Disputes & Litigation Groups.
The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) recognized 58 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys as North Star Lawyers.
Fredrikson & Byron’s Trusts & Estates Group was ranked Band 1 in Private Wealth Law in Minnesota and North Dakota in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2019 edition.
Christopher D. Pham was named a Top 100 Under 50 Emerging Leader by Diversity MBA.
Attorney Jackson Guo has joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Shanghai office as an officer in the Asia Practice, Mergers & Acquisitions and International Groups.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Geronimo Energy in its $100 million sale to National Grid Ventures.
The annual “Best Law Firms for Women” list recognizes 60 firms that utilize best practices in recruiting, retaining, promoting and developing women lawyers.
- Super Lawyers named five Fredrikson & Byron attorneys to the list of 2019 Great Plains Super Lawyers and included five Fredrikson attorneys on the list of 2019 Great Plains Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers recognized 34 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys as 2019 Minnesota Super Lawyers and 22 attorneys as Minnesota Rising Stars.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Crate and Barrel, industry-leading home furnishings specialty retailer in its acquisition of Hudson Grace, San Francisco-based boutique home decor, entertaining and gift brand.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Loan T. Huynh was named to the Lawyers of Color Inaugural Nation’s Best List, recognizing her tenure in the legal profession and commitment to diversity and inclusion as a minority attorney.
Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Kenneth S. Levinson and Lynn S. Linné were honored by the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) Tax Law Section at the Annual Judges Conference on June 6, 2019, in Minneapolis.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Aubrey J. Zuger was elected to serve as President of the State Bar Association of North Dakota. Zuger has been a member of the SBAND Board of Governors since 2011 and previously served as President-Elect and Secretary-Treasurer.
- Fredrikson & Byron Represents Bio-Techne Corporation in its Acquisition of B-MoGen Biotechnologies Inc.
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Bio-Techne Corporation (NASDAQ: TECH), a global life sciences company providing innovative tools and bioactive reagents for the research and clinical diagnostic communities, in its acquisition of B-MoGen Biotechnologies Inc.
Attorneys Grant D. Fairbairn, Lora Friedemann, Thomas R. Hipkins, Ann M. Ladd, Kurt J. Niederluecke, Charles D. Segelbaum and David C. West were featured in the 2019 edition of the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals.
Fredrikson & Byron attorney Brett F. Roberts has been elected to a three-year term on the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Board of Governors.
A team from Fredrikson is receiving recognition from The Advocates for Human Rights for its pro bono legal representation of the national Somali 92 Team.
- Fredrikson & Byron was recently recognized by BTI Consulting as a value driver law firm in the BTI Brand Elite 2019 report.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Fredrikson & Byron received national recognition for its status as one of the best U.S. law firms for female attorneys, according to two recently published Law360 surveys.
Mergers & Acquisitions Group Co-Chair Sean P. Kearney was named a 2019 BTI Client Service All-Star.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Bret A. Dublinske and Brant M. Leonard captured victories in two separate cases before the Iowa Supreme Court on May 3, 2019.
- Immigration Attorney Loan Huynh Receives Hennepin County Bar Association’s Excellence Award for Advancing Diversity and Inclusion
Loan T. Huynh receives the 2019 Excellence Award for Advancing Diversity and Inclusion.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranked nine Fredrikson & Byron practice areas and 24 individual attorneys in its 2019 edition.
Attorney Benjamin C. Neitzel has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the firm's Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance Groups.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Virteva, a privately held Minneapolis-based, Gold ServiceNow partner and provider of managed services for digital enterprises, in its acquisition by RLJ Equity Partners, an affiliate of the RLJ Companies, and merger with RLJ portfolio company Crossfuze.
- Fredrikson & Byron Attorneys Contribute to Turnaround Management Association’s Journal of Corporate Renewal
Ryan Murphy and Clint Cutler contributed to the April edition of the Journal of Corporate Renewal, an issue focused on the growing agricultural industry financial crisis.
- Fredrikson & Byron Earns 100 Percent on Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s LGBTQ Workplace Equality Scorecard
Fredrikson & Byron received a perfect score of 100 on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality.
Fredrikson & Byron continues to solidify its position as the leading law firm in the upper Midwest by opening a new office in Mankato, Minnesota.
Minnesota Lawyer has selected Fredrikson & Byron attorney Alyssa M. Troje as a 2018 Attorney of the Year.
- White Collar Defense Attorney Lousene Hoppe and Tax Disputes & Litigation Attorney Gauri Samant Named to Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Programs
Lousene Hoppe was named a member of the LCLD 2019 class of Fellows and Gauri Samant was named a member of the LCLD 2019 class of Pathfinders program.
Attorney Kenneth S. Levinson has joined Fredrikson & Byron.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholders Lora Friedemann, Cynthia A. Moyer, John C. Pickerill and Ann Dunn Wessberg have been named to the 2019 World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) for Minnesota.
Attorney Beverley L. Adams has joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Employment & Labor, Litigation and Health Care Groups as of counsel.
Attorney Alyssa M. Troje has joined Fredrikson & Byron as a senior associate in the firm’s Real Estate Group.