106 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were named by Best Lawyers® in its 2021 ranking reports. 88 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America.© 12 of these Fredrikson attorneys were also named a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers.
- Fredrikson & Byron has been named law firm category winner of the Best of Business 2020 Readers’ Choice Award by Twin Cities Business (TCB).
EMERGE Community Development elected Fredrikson attorney Mercedes McFarland Jackson to serve a two-year term as the chair of its board of directors.
- In a significant victory for landowners throughout Minnesota, the Minnesota Supreme Court issued an important decision on July 15, 2020, defining the scope of property owners’ nonconforming use rights and what activities constitute a continuation of those rights.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Lousene M. Hoppe has been named President-Elect of the National LGBT Bar Association Board of Directors, after serving two years as the Association’s treasurer.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Benjamin R. Tozer was elected to serve as president of International Right of Way Association (IRWA) North Star Chapter 20.
- Super Lawyers named eight Fredrikson & Byron attorneys to the list of Great Plains Super Lawyers and included four Fredrikson attorneys on the list of Great Plains Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers recognized 29 Fredrikson attorneys as 2020 Minnesota Super Lawyers and 19 attorneys as Minnesota Rising Stars.
Attorney Michael Meagher has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Asia Practice and International Groups.
Fredrikson attorneys Gail F. Brandt and Sandra Smalley-Fleming were recognized for their outstanding pro bono volunteer service performed in Special Juvenile Immigration Status cases for young women.
Fredrikson & Byron ranked Band 1 in Private Wealth Law in Minnesota and North Dakota in Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2020.
Grant D. Fairbairn, Lora Friedemann, Thomas R. Hipkins, Ann M. Ladd, Kurt J. Niederluecke, Charles D. Segelbaum and David C. West were featured in the 2020 edition of the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals.
- Fredrikson & Byron has partnered with more than 125 law firms to establish the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance (LFAA).
- Fredrikson & Byron has earned Gold Standard Certification by Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for the fifth time. WILEF grants Gold Standard status to major firms that meet objective criteria concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners.
As a Firm, we are committed to identifying and confronting bias, systemic racism, and social and economic injustice, both in our communities and at the Firm.
The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) recognized 55 Fredrikson attorneys as North Star Lawyers.
- Fredrikson has launched a Rapid Response Program and will work through its pro bono partners to provide services to clients as they assess the damage to their facilities and work to rebuild their communities.
- Payroll Protection Loans under the CARES Act: Clarifications on Loan Forgiveness and the SBA’s Review Process
On May 22, 2020, the SBA and Treasury Department issued additional guidance on two significant aspects of the Paycheck Protection Program: first, the loan forgiveness requirements and, second, the SBA’s review process and the related borrower and lender responsibilities.
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Ecessa Corporation in its sale to Communications Systems, Inc.
- Fredrikson & Byron is among the 37 firms from across the nation named a Midsize Heavyweight from The BTI Consulting Group (BTI) for delivering the same level of confidence and reliability to clients as large firms.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Agosto, a Google Cloud Premier Partner and leading cloud services and development company, in completing its sale to Pythian Services Inc., a leading cloud, data and analytics services company and a portfolio company of Mill Point Capital.
- USPTO has named Fredrikson & Byron a recipient of the 2019 Patent Pro Bono Achievement Certificate. The certificate recognizes individuals and law firms who contributed over 100 attorney hours of patent attorney pro bono during 2019.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranked 10 practice areas and 26 individual attorneys from Fredrikson & Byron in its 2020 edition.
Minnesota’s Governor issued a “stay-at-home” Order on March 25, 2020. How do I know if my employees are exempt from travel restrictions as critical sector employees under the stay-at-home Order?
Fredrikson & Byron has plans in place to be able to continue to serve our clients as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation escalates.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Stone-Goff in its sale of NAS Recruitment to M3 USA.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Altasciences in completing its acquisition of Alliance Contract Pharma.
- PitchBook, a leading source for data on M&A, private equity and venture capital deal activity, has ranked Fredrikson & Byron among the most active law firms in 2019 for private equity deals in the U.S.
Shareholders Lora Friedemann, Cynthia A. Moyer, John C. Pickerill and Ann Dunn Wessberg have been named to the 2020 edition of the WTR 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals for Minnesota.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Patrick D. Smith and Brandon R. Underwood recently won an appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in a lawsuit alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation under Federal and Iowa law.
Fredrikson & Byron has chosen shareholder Youn-Jin Kim to be a member of the 2020 class of Fellows, participating in a landmark program created by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
The Fundamental Income team accepted an invitation to ring the bell at the New York Stock Exchange to commemorate NETL surpassing $40 million in assets under management as of January 22, 2020.
Attorney Amanda L. Welters has rejoined Fredrikson & Byron in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital & Angel Financing and Start Up & Rapid Growth Enterprises (SURGE) Groups.
- Attorney Mercedes McFarland Jackson Named to Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” List
Each year, MSPBJ editors select 40 leaders under the age of 40 who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement while also finding time to give back to their communities.
Fredrikson & Byron earned 100 of 100 possible points on the 2020 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the nation’s leading benchmarking tool and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
Attorney Mark D. Salsbury has joined Fredrikson & Byron as a shareholder in the Business & Tax Planning, Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups.
Scott Johnson has joined Fredrikson as a shareholder in the Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups.
- Fredrikson & Byron Represents Innovative Chemical Products Group in its Acquisition of Hi-Tech CoatingsFredrikson served as legal counsel to Audax Private Equity portfolio company Innovative Chemical Products Group, LLC.
Attorney Amanda M. Mills has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the firm’s Litigation Group.
Fredrikson & Byron Shareholders Patrick J. Kelly and Luis G. Reséndiz were recognized by Best Lawyers® in The Best Lawyers in Mexico© 2020.
Attorney Noah J. Tabor has joined Fredrikson & Byron to lead its Government Relations Group in Iowa.
- Clients of Fredrikson & Byron have recognized the firm for excellent client service, as published in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2020: Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Aron J. Frakes, Nicole M. Moen, Christopher D. Pham, Anupama D. Sreekanth and Marie E. Williams have been named to Minnesota Lawyer’s “Attorneys of the Year” for 2019.
Attorney Kyle M. Brehm has joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Tax Disputes & Litigation and Business & Tax Planning Groups.
The Children's Law Center of Minnesota (CLC) promotes the rights and interests of Minnesota’s children in the judicial, child welfare, health care and education systems.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Securian Financial, a leading provider of insurance, investment and retirement solutions, in its recently-announced acquisition of Empyrean Benefit Solutions, Inc., which offers a best-in-class enrollment and administration technology platform for benefits.
- Fredrikson & Byron announced today that it has moved into a new office space in the Eide Bailly Center building located at 111 South 2nd Street in Mankato, Minn., where it occupies most of the fourth floor.
Fredrikson attorney Ryan T. Murphy has been invited to become a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, recognizing him for his work, contributions to the administration of justice, his public service and integrity.
Fredrikson & Byron has been named a Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” in 36 practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2020.
Attorney David M. Streier has joined Fredrikson’s Energy, Real Estate and Renewable Energy Groups.