- Fredrikson & Byron Represents Icario in Its Sale to CVC Capital Partners and Acquisition of ChipRewards
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Icario in its sale to private equity firm CVC Capital Partners and in its acquisition of ChipRewards.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Lousene M. Hoppe has started her tenure as president of the National LGBTQ+ Bar Association Board of Directors. Hoppe will serve a two-year term ending in June 2023.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Bridget R. Penick has been invited to fellowship in the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, a private association of preeminent trial lawyers.
The Minnesota State Bar Association recognized 74 Fredrikson attorneys as North Star Lawyers for providing more than 50 hours of pro bono service in 2020.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranked 10 practice areas and 25 individual attorneys from Fredrikson & Byron in its 2021 edition.
Attorney Devan C. Rittler-Patton has joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Des Moines office as an associate in the Employment & Labor and Litigation Groups.
- Attorney Laura A. Habein has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Business & Tax Planning Group. Habein guides business owners in strategic planning initiatives to meet their long-term objectives.
Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Jessica L. Foss has been elected a Fellow of ACTEC, a prestigious national organization of trust and estate lawyers who are peer-elected to membership.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Global Fabrication, located in Hampton, Iowa, in its acquisition by Sukup Manufacturing.
- Attorney Thomas M. Patton has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Intellectual Property Litigation Group. Patton advises clients on intellectual property and business litigation involving a variety of technologies.
Attorney Roger Yang has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Litigation Group.
- Clients of Fredrikson & Byron have recognized the firm for excellent client service, as published in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2021: Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance.
Fredrikson shareholder J. Marc Ward has been elected Chair of the Board of Trustees of Broadlawns Medical Center to serve a one-year term through January 2022.
Fredrikson & Byron condemns racism and stands in solidarity with the Asian community in denouncing the thousands of incidents of anti-Asian hate and violence that have occurred and persist this year, and most recently the horrific murders in Atlanta.
Cameron R. Seybolt has been appointed Minnesota State Chair of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a nonprofit association of more than 2,500 highly-credentialed trust and estate lawyers.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Stone Arch in connection with its sale to Fishawack Health.
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Bio-Techne Corporation (NASDAQ: TECH), a global life sciences company providing innovative tools and bioactive reagents for the research and clinical diagnostic communities, in its acquisition of Asuragen Inc.
- Fredrikson & Byron is ranked among the most active law firms advising on mergers & acquisition, private equity and venture capital deals in Pitchbook’s 2020 Annual Global League Tables.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorney Christopher D. Pham was named a “40 Under 40” honoree by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (MSPBJ).
Shareholders Lora Friedemann, Cynthia A. Moyer, John C. Pickerill and Ann Dunn Wessberg have been named to the top band in the 2021 edition of the World Trademark Review 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals for Minnesota.
Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of two new associates in Minneapolis; Mary E. Heath (Health Law) and Bridget L. Welter (Mergers & Acquisitions).
OCA, an exclusive national organization of leading eminent domain attorneys, has named Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Howard Roston as its Primary member for the state of Minnesota.
Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of fourteen associates.
- Furthering its commitment to advancing inclusion, equity and diversity in the firm and legal industry, Fredrikson & Byron introduced a creditable hours policy for time spent engaging in education and dialogue relating to inclusion and diversity.
Fredrikson & Byron earned 100 of 100 possible points on the 2021 Corporate Equality Index, the nation’s leading benchmarking tool and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
June Cheng was named a member of the LCLD 2021 class of Fellows, and Aleida Ortega Conners was named a member of the LCLD 2021 class of Pathfinders.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as co-legal counsel with Kirkland & Ellis LLP to Audax Private Equity, a leading alternative investment manager, in completing the sale of Gabriel Performance Products to Huntsman Corporation.
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Smart Time Apps in its sale to Iridium Technology, a global firm and leading provider of business intelligence and financial analytics for law firms.
Fredrikson & Byron announced today that it has moved into a new office space in the One Eleven East Grand building located at 111 E Grand Avenue in Des Moines, Iowa, where it occupies the third floor.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Renew Energy, Inc. and its subsidiaries in its sale to Takkion Holdings LLC.
- Hayden brings the perspective of an experienced State Senator with a demonstrated history in the government administration industry to his government relations and policy work.
- Fredrikson & Byron acted as co-legal counsel with Kirkland & Ellis LLP to Audax Private Equity, leading capital partner for North American middle market companies, in completing the sale of Protective Industrial Products to Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC.
Masha M. Yevzelman was honored by the Minnesota State Bar Association Tax Law Section with the 2020 Jack Carlson Memorial Distinguished Service Award.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorneys David L. Lillehaug, Masha M. Yevzelman, Joseph J. Cassioppi, Emily A. Unger and Todd A. Wind have been named to Minnesota Lawyer’s 2020 “Attorneys of the Year.”
Fredrikson shareholder Tracy L. Deutmeyer has been sworn in to serve as a member of the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Public Advisory Committee for a three-year term through December 1, 2023.
- Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Brandon R. Underwood, Bridget R. Penick and Bret A. Dublinske received a favorable result from the U.S. Supreme Court in a lawsuit alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation under Federal and Iowa law.
Fredrikson & Byron Shareholders Patrick J. Kelly and Luis G. Reséndiz were recognized by Best Lawyers® in The Best Lawyers in Mexico© 2021.
Fredrikson & Byron has been named a Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” in 35 practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2021.
Lillehaug will focus his practice on corporate and governmental investigations, administrative law and complex civil litigation.
The results of Fredrikson & Byron's 2020 board elections have been announced.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Fredrikson & Byron received national recognition for its status as one of the best U.S. law firms for female attorneys, according to two recently published Law360 surveys.
The MSBA recognized eight Fredrikson attorneys as Pro Bono All Stars for providing seven or more years of consecutive pro bono local service.
The judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa have appointed Fredrikson & Byron shareholder Bridget R. Penick to its Merit Selection Panel.
As the college's highest honor, the AAA is conferred upon alumni who have distinguished themselves in their careers and service to others.
- Over the lunch hour on two sequential days, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. and Lighthouse Management Group will partner to present a virtual program titled Protecting the Balance Sheet. Experts will discuss how accountants and other trusted advisors may expand their relationship with existing and future clients in these turbulent times.
Attorney Soobin Kim has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an officer in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and International Groups.
- Fredrikson & Byron has achieved Mansfield Certification and Certification Plus status from Diversity Lab for demonstrating a commitment to boosting representation of diverse lawyers in law firm leadership.
- Attorney Roxanne Thorelli has joined Fredrikson & Byron in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Public Companies Groups.
- Fredrikson acted as legal counsel to OSI Inc. in connection with the execution of a purchase agreement to sell 100 percent of the company’s equity in a $1.6 billion transaction with Emerson Electric Co.
Fredrikson has elected 15 new shareholders: Katherine A. Charipar, Michael R. Cummings, Tracy L. Deutmeyer, Jennifer L. Hodge Burkett, Mercedes McFarland Jackson, Lynn S. Linné, Kiel C. McElveen, Pari I. McGarraugh, Alissa N. Mitchell, Kendra D. Simmons, Ryan M. Spanheimer, Erik A. Splett, Anupama D. Sreekanth, Jeffrey J. Steinle and Kyle W. Ubl.