Fredrikson & Byron is acting as legal counsel to Altasciences in its agreement to acquire Sinclair Research.
Fredrikson & Byron is acting as legal counsel to Brightstar Capital Partners, a private equity firm, in its agreement to acquire Novae Corp, one of the fastest-growing trailer manufacturers in North America, employing more than 1,100 across 15 facilities with an active dealer network of more than 500 partners.
- Attorney Eric H. Schilling has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Bank & Finance Group.
Fredrikson shareholder Lousene M. Hoppe has been selected to the TCB 100 People to Know in 2022 list by Twin Cities Business.
- Attorney Sarah A. Horstmann has joined Fredrikson & Byron as a shareholder in the Litigation, Trade Secrets, and Non-Competes Groups.
- Attorney Elizabeth A. Schenfisch has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Corporate & Securities Group.
- Michelle S. Fitch and Aaron C. Nyquist have joined Fredrikson & Byron's Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Fredrikson & Byron Recognized with Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s 2021 Compass Award.
- Attorney Luke P. de Leon has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Intellectual Property Litigation and Litigation Groups.
- Attorney Navita T. Lakhram has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Fredrikson & Byron has been named a Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” in 40 practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2022.
- In a significant victory for trust beneficiaries in Minnesota, the Minnesota Supreme Court issued an important decision on October 27, 2021.
Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of six associates to the firm’s Minneapolis office.
Fredrikson attorneys Terrence J. Fleming and Todd A. Wind were recognized for their accomplishments, hard work, ingenuity and outstanding work ethic and were included in Minnesota Lawyer’s POWER 30 in Business Litigation.
The results of Fredrikson & Byron’s 2021 board elections have been announced.
- Attorney William S. Forsberg has joined Fredrikson & Byron in its Trusts & Estates Group.
- For the eighth consecutive year, Fredrikson & Byron received national recognition for its status as one of the best U.S. law firms for female attorneys, according to two recently published Law360 surveys.
The North Dakota Petroleum Council recently elected Fredrikson shareholder Lawrence Bender to serve a two-year term as the new chair of its board of directors.
Fredrikson attorney Zachary S. Pratt was recently elected to serve on the First Tee of Central Iowa Board of directors, effective immediately.
Pam Wandzel has been nominated as one of the honorees in The Citizens League’s #MNCivicLeader an annual social media campaign to identify everyday civic leaders who go above and beyond to make a difference in Minnesota.
Attorney Tess L. Pocock has joined Fredrikson as an associate in the Energy, Renewable Energy and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups.
Fredrikson shareholder and president John M. Koneck has been recognized as one of Minnesota’s most powerful business leaders in the 2021 edition of the Minnesota 500.
- Fredrikson & Byron continues growth in the Des Moines market with the addition of patent attorney Tina G. Yin Sowatzke.
- On August 5, 2021, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced Deferred Enforced Departure would be provided to eligible Hong Kong residents in the United States.
- Fredrikson & Byron Represents CFS in Its Successful Bid to Become Corn Supplier for Renewable Ethanol PlantFredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Central Farm Service in helping CFS secure an exclusive agreement with Greenfield Global to supply corn for Greenfield’s newly acquired ethanol plant in Winnebago, Minnesota.
Thomas C. Snook, Brendan Mochoruk and Zachary M. Sheahan have joined Fredrikson & Byron’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
- Fredrikson & Byron has achieved Mansfield Certification and Certification Plus status from Diversity Lab for demonstrating a commitment to boosting representation of diverse lawyers in law firm leadership.
Fredrikson attorney Loan T. Huynh has been awarded the 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Award by Minnesota Lawyer magazine.
Fredrikson has elected 14 new shareholders: Nancy S. Anton, Kyle A. Barlow, Daniel P. Deveny, Tyler J. Gludt, Justin G. Hughes, Bryan J. Morben, Mark D. Salsbury, Levi J. Smith, Matthew L. Stortz, Asmah Tareen, Courtney A. H. Thompson, Ashley R. Thronson, Marcus J. Tibesar and Brandon R. Underwood.
110 Fredrikson & Byron attorneys were named by Best Lawyers in its 2022 ranking reports.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney Roxanne Thorelli Earns Volunteer Lawyers Network Volunteer of the Year AwardFredrikson & Byron attorney Roxanne N. Thorelli will be awarded the Volunteer of the Year Award by Volunteer Lawyers Network, Ltd. at its Riverfront Celebration event on September 9.
- Fredrikson & Byron is once again pleased to sponsor Fashion Week Minnesota #FWMN. This multi-day event showcases the incredible talent in Minnesota’s fashion and design community.
- Fredrikson & Byron has been named law firm category winner of the Best of Business 2021 Readers’ Choice Award by Twin Cities Business (TCB).
- Fredrikson & Byron tax attorney Masha Yevzelman has been awarded the Friend of the Profession Award by the Minnesota Society of CPAs.
- Fredrikson & Byron continues growth in the Des Moines market with the addition of patent attorney Sean D. Solberg.
Fredrikson shareholders Ann Dunn Wessberg and Lora Friedemann were recognized by World Trademark Review (WTR) in its 2021 Global Leaders list.
- Fredrikson & Byron announces the addition of three attorneys in the firm’s Des Moines office, including shareholder, Krystle Campa, senior associate, Alex Kron, and associate, Natalie Williams, who join Fredrikson’s Energy Group.
Fredrikson & Byron’s Trusts & Estates Group was ranked Band 1 in Private Wealth Law in Minnesota and North Dakota in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2021 edition.
Super Lawyers recognized 28 Fredrikson attorneys as 2021 Minnesota Super Lawyers and 16 attorneys as Minnesota Rising Stars.
Attorney Jonathan B. Vessey has joined Fredrikson & Byron as a shareholder in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups. Vessey represents clients in private equity investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate governance.
Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Grant D. Fairbairn, Lora Friedemann, Thomas R. Hipkins, Ann M. Ladd, Kurt J. Niederluecke, Charles D. Segelbaum and David C. West are featured in the 2021 edition of the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals.
Fredrikson & Byron attorneys Kristy Dahl Rogers, Bret A. Dublinske, Bridget R. Penick, Emily S. Pontius, Brandon R. Underwood and J. Marc Ward have been appointed to positions within ISBA for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
- John Koneck, Brian McCool, Alyssa Troje and Mark Vyvyan Among Minnesota Lawyer’s POWER 30 in Construction and Real Estate Law
Four Fredrikson attorneys were featured in Minnesota Lawyer's POWER 30 in Construction and Real Estate Law.
Attorney Robert Day has rejoined Fredrikson & Byron as an officer in the Patents, Intellectual Property, and Intellectual Property Litigation Groups.
Attorney Benjamin D. Sharp has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
- Super Lawyers named eight Fredrikson & Byron attorneys to the list of Great Plains Super Lawyers and included two Fredrikson attorneys on the list of Great Plains Rising Stars.
Fredrikson shareholder R. Scott Johnson was recently elected to serve a two-year term on the board of directors for BioConnect Iowa, Iowa’s leading resource for bioscience innovators and entrepreneurs.
- The Fredrikson & Byron Foundation funded and launched the Small Business Recovery Microgrant Program with administrative support from NDC. The program provides financial support to small businesses impacted by damage sustained from civil unrest that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis last year.
- "These firms prove client service savvy still sits at the epicenter of client relationships — no matter how big or small the firm," BTI Consulting Group states.
- Litigation Attorney Alethea Huyser Elected as Secretary Treasurer of the MSBA's Appellate Practice Section Council
Attorney Alethea M. Huyser has been elected to serve as Secretary Treasurer of the Minnesota State Bar Association's Appellate Practice Section for the 2021-2022 bar year.