June helps foreign investors and Chinese and American companies achieve global mobility, with the focus on EB–5 and other investment-based immigration, employment-based immigration, and immigration service in global relocation matters.
A native of China, June works closely with Chinese clients in U.S. immigration matters, including assisting Chinese investors in EB–5 investment-based immigration and serving Chinese companies in intra-company transfer visas. Leveraging Fredrikson’s full range of services, June collaborates with attorneys in the Corporate, Tax and Employment Law Groups to help Chinese clients navigate the unfamiliar and complex legal issues involved in exploring the American market.
June is also the primary attorney on global immigration matters, guiding U.S. companies and multinational corporations through complex and ever-changing immigration processes for their expatriate employees in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and South America.
In addition, June works with scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and artists to secure temporary O–1 work visas and lawful permanent residence. She also works with families that has separated or are facing separation to fight for family unity through waiver petitions.
- Manages foreign visas, work and residence authorization for multinational corporations’ expatriate employees in China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany, France and Poland, and provides advice to corporate clients on global immigration issues involving countries in South America and the Middle East.
- Helps Chinese investor and family member secure EB–5 conditional green card.
- Helps outstanding researchers, managers and entrepreneurs secure U.S. lawful permanent residence.
- Helps extraordinary musicians, sculptors, acrobats and other artists secure permanent residence status or temporary O–1 visas.
- Helps families reunite by obtaining approvals in waiver petitions.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2010
- East China Normal University, B.S., 2007
- Minnesota, 2011
- California, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2011
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012, 2014-2015
- Recognized Volunteer, Minnesota Justice Foundation
Civic & Professional
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow, 2021
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), MN/Dakotas, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Bangkok Chapter, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Mexico Chapter, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Global Migration Section, Member
- IIUSA—Association to Invest In the USA
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder, 2017
- MNAPABA, Outreach Committee Member
- Twin Cities Diversity In Practice, Professional Development Committee Member
- International Institute of Minnesota, Board Member
- Tubman Legal Services, 2010-2012
- Legal Services of Northern California, 2009
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, 2007-2010
- Hong Kong Breakthrough Foundation & ECNU Consulting Center, 2006-2007
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, Preparing for the 2022 H1B Lottery, Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Webinar, February 17, 2022
Co-Presenter, Travel in the Time of COVID-19, Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Webinar, July 29, 2020
Co-Presenter, Preparing for the 2021 H1B Lottery, Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Webinar, January 14, 2020
Co-Presenter, The New Normal for Business Immigration Under ‘Hire American', Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Seminar, May 8, 2019
Speaker, What is Work: Triggers of Work Visas around the Globe, AILA Global Migration Section Teleconference Seminar, September 7, 2017
Speaker, Working With Foreign Nationals: Employment Sponsorship, Immigration Compliance and Community Integration, Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Seminar, Minneapolis, MN, September 22, 2016
Co-Author with Laura Danielson, "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Immigration," China Chapter, 2015 Edition
Speaker, I-526 Petitions and Source of Funds Issues, ILW.com EB-5 Summit, Washington, D.C., June 17, 2015
Speaker, Eligibility Challenges—Identifying and Overcoming Issues That May Result in Visa Denials, 2015 AILA Global Immigration Forum, Washington, D.C., June 16-17, 2015
Presenter, Navigating the Immigration Landscape: A Guide for Employers, Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Seminar, May 5, 2015
Co-Author with Laura Danielson, "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Immigration," China Chapter, 2014 Edition
Co-Author, "Global Business Immigration Practice Guide," China Chapter, 2014 Edition, Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers, LexisNexis
Co-Author, "Getting the Deal Through," Corporate Immigration, China Chapter, 2014, ABA Section of International Law