June helps foreign investors and Chinese and American companies achieve global mobility, with the focus on EB-5 and other investment-based immigration, employment-based immigration, and immigration service in global relocation matters.
A native of China, June works closely with Chinese clients in U.S. immigration matters, including assisting Chinese investors in EB-5 investment-based immigration and serving Chinese companies in intra-company transfer visas. Leveraging Fredrikson’s full range of services, June collaborates with attorneys in the Corporate, Tax and Employment Law Groups to help Chinese clients navigate the unfamiliar and complex legal issues involved in exploring the American market.
June is also the primary attorney on global immigration matters, guiding U.S. companies and multinational corporations through complex and ever-changing immigration processes for their expatriate employees in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and South America.
In addition, June works with scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and artists to secure temporary O-1 work visas and lawful permanent residence. She also works with families that has separated or are facing separation to fight for family unity through waiver petitions.
- Manages foreign visas, work and residence authorization for multinational corporations’ expatriate employees in China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany, France and Poland, and provides advice to corporate clients on global immigration issues involving countries in South America and the Middle East.
- Helps Chinese investor and family member secure EB-5 conditional green card.
- Helps outstanding researchers, managers and entrepreneurs secure U.S. lawful permanent residence.
- Helps extraordinary musicians, sculptors, acrobats and other artists secure permanent residence status or temporary O-1 visas.
- Helps families reunite by obtaining approvals in waiver petitions.
Articles & Presentations
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, “What is Work: Triggers of Work Visas around the Globe,” AILA Global Migration Section Teleconference Seminar, September 7, 2017
- Speaker, “Working With Foreign Nationals: Employment Sponsorship, Immigration Compliance and Community Integration,” Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Seminar, Minneapolis, MN, September 22, 2016
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Immigration 2015 Edition, co-authored China Chapter with Laura Danielson
- Speaker, “I-526 Petitions and Source of Funds Issues,” ILW.com EB-5 Summit, Washington, D.C., June 17, 2015
- Speaker, “Eligibility Challenges—Identifying and Overcoming Issues That May Result in Visa Denials,” 2015 AILA Global Immigration Forum, Washington, D.C., June 16-17, 2015
- Presenter, “Navigating the Immigration Landscape: A Guide for Employers,” Fredrikson & Byron Immigration Seminar, May 5, 2015
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Immigration 2014 Edition, co-authored China Chapter with Laura Danielson
- Co-author, China Chapter of Global Business Immigration Practice Guide, 2014 Edition, Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers, LexisNexis
- Co-author, China Chapter of Getting the Deal Through, Corporate Immigration, 2014, ABA Section of International Law
Honors & Education
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2010
- East China Normal University, B.S., 2007
- Minnesota, 2011
- California, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2011
- Mandarin Chinese
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2012, 2014-2015
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, Recognized Volunteer
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), MN/Dakotas, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Bangkok Chapter, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Mexico Chapter, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Global Migration Section, Member
- IIUSA – Association to Invest In the USA
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder, 2017
- MNAPABA, Outreach Committee Member
- Twin Cities Diversity In Practice, Professional Development Committee Member
- International Institute of Minnesota, Board Member
- Tubman Legal Services, 2010-2012
- Legal Services of Northern California, 2009
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, 2007-2010
- Hong Kong Breakthrough Foundation & ECNU Consulting Center, 2006-2007